Chapter 11: Team Mission "Forest Man"

"mission for us?" I ask confused as the others also.

Theresa sit behind her desk with us only cam see a little bit of her due to her small height comparison to us.

A mission is assigned to us...well to two groups as we need to work together.

It my group including me,Kiana, Bronya and mei plus Rika group of five. The nine of us standing before the gremlin midget.

"Exactly Kazuma. The nine of you is going to the village outskirts of Soukai City located in deep jungle. There's a report of strange thing happened lately. So I want you all to investigate it." Theresa said as she pushed a file toward me.

The file is labeled "Forest Man"....what? I was confused by the title of the file as I look at Theresa which she give the sign to not asked a question.

It seems there's been reported of a group of people enter and never was found. It also said that people that does escape the forest gain a traumatic experience that make them commit suicide after two days of getting out of the forest.

Report also said that the forest is emitting a strange aura....

"Wait.... doesn't this sounds dangerous?" Kiana said...oh thank God she got a bit smarter.

"Yeah I agree with what Kiana said." Rika said getting a nod of approval from her comrades.

"Doesn't this sounds much suits for the official Valkyrie and we're all still a student." I said.

"I understand what you all are saying....but currently the Valkyrie around here is a bit busy with their mission...."

"So we're understaffed." I said cutting Theresa.

"Yes." She looks away from us.

This old grandma....

"Why are they busy? I mean not like something big happened?" I ask wanting to know more about schicksal Valkyrie.

"Oh you heard the news about the phantom thief Lurk and the arsonist that happened near the arc city. Most of them is guarding the city and the laboratory...." Theresa said as I turn to look away.

It my fault then!!!!!!!!

"I think we should accept this mission guys. You know maybe we gain a valuable experience from this haha...." I tried to convince the group.

They give me a look os suspicion as they probably know that I never accept anything like this....

"Something smell fishy here..." Kiana gaze never left me which making me sweat a bit.

"What fishy is actually I'm going to use the money Theresa paid for this mission to buy you a seafood."

"Wah! Kazuma is giving free food yay!" Kiana immediately on my side.

"Kiana-chan...."

"Idiotka...."

"My niece......"

"Is the Kalsana brain capacity low...."

Everyone looks at Kiana with a "really" expression. Even I was... seriously anything related to food can be used as a weapon against this girl. Is her stomach a void....

Wait there's Sirin. She said she's the queen of void. Perhaps because she's in Kiana body that make Kiana stomach an endless void....

"Yeah... anyway how much are we getting paid for this mission?" I ask Theresa as she tilt her head in Confusion.

"Paid?"

"Yeah I mean we're going into a dangerous place to research about murderous plant or forest. So we must get paid. Plus if we got hurt we also need an insurance....." I explained.