Chay

I grabbed the bouquet of flowers for Macau, and we hurried to the stage. Our both brothers plus Kinn were sitting in the 3rd row of the auditorium.

It was our annual university's Student Appreciation Day. As 3rd year students, we were tasked with planning and carrying out the event. I handed the flowers to the flower girl whilst Macau was busy backstage.

Everything was going smoothly until just after intermission. Everyone was heading back to their seats when I saw someone lurking at the side of the 2nd row. I quickly went over, wanting the guest to sit down. As I got closer, it struck me that this guy was holding a gun by his side. Shit.

I quickly glanced at my brother and tried to get his attention. But Porsche was busy on his phone. Kinn caught my eye instead and signalled me. I subtly glanced at the visitor as I walked towards him. Kinn stood up, and that's when all hell broke loose.

The guy quickly grabbed me and clocked the gun at my head. This sent everyone into chaos and people were hysterically screaming!

Kinn glared and ran forth only to be stopped by the guy who coldly muttered, "Take 1 more step and he dies. I'm only here for him. Give him to me and nobody has to suffer."

Gesturing to Vegas, the guy pressed the gun against my temple even harder. I gulped, watching the boys in front of me. Porsche and Kinn got everyone to leave whilst Vegas walked towards me. My sweat dripped down and I really wanted to take a gulping breath but found myself unable to.

Vegas reached us and the guy just pushed me down the stairs and grabbed Vegas.

"Phi!!!" I heard Macau yell and run towards us! "Noooo!" I screamed but Macau wasn't having it.

Kinn ran towards us but it was too late! The guy shot Vegas in the shoulders and fled! Shit. I turned, only to run towards Vegas and have him falling in my arms.

The silence that followed was deafening. I looked up stricken as Porsche ran forward too! Vegas just smiled at me before passing out. Nothing could be done as all 3 boys were totally gun free thanks to me and now this happened.

I looked up at Kinn as he called the ambulance and cops. But his silent glare at me was chilling. It was cold and painful.

I instantly knew he was angry at me. He had wanted to bring the gun but because of me...

The ride to the hospital was the quietest ever. Only Kinn's voice rang out as he called his men, made plans to hunt this man down. Macau had followed his brother to the hospital. Porsche was off leading the boys on the hunt. Kinn was sending me home.

"P.. can we please go to the hospital to check on P Vegas?"

"Haven't you done enough damage?"

"P..."

"Shut up Chay. Stop involving yourself in things that do not concern you."

"P..."

Kinn just swerved the car in response and I hung on for dear life! I sighed as I kept quiet. He dropped me off and left without another word. I didn't see him at all for the next few days and only saw him again when Vegas got discharged and he came back.

Vegas wasn't upset at me and just made sure I was fine. But I couldn't say the same for Kinn who just coldly ignored me.

I sighed as I sat down for dinner, all alone again. Porsche was out with Vegas and Macau. I didn't want to follow them so was just by myself. I pushed the food around. Just then, I heard some footsteps. They were brisk and confident. I instantly knew it was Kinn. I looked up only for him to realize it was me.

He was about to turn and leave, when I stood up.

"It's ok. You can stay for dinner. I will have mine in my room."

I grabbed my plate and left, my tears fast coming down. I went to my room and sat down, just ignoring the food, having lost my appetite completely.

I knew I shouldn't have stopped them from bringing their guns given the nature of their jobs. But I didn't see that coming. Couldn't Kinn just forgive me already?

I heard the roaring of the car and I ran to my balcony only to see Kinn driving off somewhere, as usual.

As he drove around the roundabout, he looked up and saw me but just turned away, to the front, pretending like I didn't exist.

And all that I could do was, have my tears come down even harder.