Kinn

I got home around 2am, staggering drunk. I had gone drinking with Sun, this guy that I saw regularly. He was a friends with benefits kind of relationship and we drank often. With my kind of lifestyle, it was difficult to want to have a proper relationship. I was deemed too unsafe for it.

I got home, just wandering through the hallway inebriated. I bumped into someone and looked up at that person, scrutinizing keenly. I realized it was Chay and tried to stand upright but was failing so terribly. Damn! I felt Chay hold onto me and drag me somewhere. I tried to fight him off, insisting I was good on my own but he just smacked me gently on my back and dragged me down the hallway. I gave up the fight and let him bring me to my room, I think?

I watched with semi closed drunk eyes as Chay changed me out, wiped me down with a warm towel and settled me down into bed. I just snuggled right into the plush pillows, swathed by a blanket and fell right asleep. Or so I thought. I would only come to know of the mayhem I had created in time to come.

I woke up, hours later, to the sunlight streaming in my face. I sat up, feeling the aftereffects of a terrible hangover. I saw that Chay was standing at the balcony. "Chay?"

"P, how do you feel now?" Turning to me, I finally came face to face with Chay and I gasped!

"What happened to your face?! Who hit you?!?" I shouted, as I jumped out of bed, wincing as the headache hit me hard! Chay quickly ran up to me and tried to hold onto me, guiding me to sit down instead. I pulled him to make him sit next to me. I caressed his face slowly, running my fingertips lightly over his bruised cheeks. Chay winced involuntarily.

"Please tell me, what happened?" My eyes grew bigger and I could not have been more mortified as Chay filled me in on my drunken antics of the previous night - on how I had punched him when he tried to hold onto me, I had yelled at him to let me go, I had punched him when he tried to change and clean me, I had pushed him away multiple times and even brandished my gun at him! I clearly could protect myself but I had hurt him so much!

"How did you get me to listen to you?" I asked Chay. At this juncture, Chay's face turned red. He blushed irrevocably and started stuttering. I looked at him, all confused. I cocked my head and looked at him quizzically. Chay looked at me and kept opening and closing his mouth like a goldfish and finally uttered the truth which sent me into a pool of blushing madness too.

"I just smacked you on your face P. I had no choice. I gave it to you hard and told you to shut up. You finally shut up and looked at me quietly like a mouse."

I just kept quiet, muttering sorry for all of the troubles I had caused him. He just looked at me and probed on why I had drank so much. I just mentioned my night out with Sun. His eyes just dulled for a bit but before I could even analyze it further, he just nodded and told me to be careful and rest so that I would not suffer a lingering headache anymore. I nodded and got ready to leave his room. But before I left, I turned to look at him.

"Sorry about punching you.." Chay just laughed. "Its ok P. I know you did not mean to do it. If you want, you can make it up to me by not drinking so badly the next time."

I just hummed, not saying a word and left. It was a long day of meetings, scuttling here and there. By the time, I was done, it was almost 9pm. I was about to head home when Sun invited me for drinks again. I was about to accept when Chay's words came to mind. I chose to reject Sun and went home instead. I came home to find an empty house again. I was about to walk down to my room when I heard the front door. I turned and saw Chay coming in.

"Hey, where is everyone?"

"P Porsche and P Vegas are still out for a meeting P. P Tankhun went clubbing. I think Macau went out with P Kim."

"Oh. How come you are home so late?"

"Oh, I had gone out with someone."

"Oh, a friend?"

"Not quite P. My friend insisted on setting me up with a blind date so I was out on it."

"Oh, a date? That is nice. What does she do?"

"Ah, hm, he studies engineering in a neighboring university."

I fell silent as I realized the implications of Chay's words.

"Does it bother you, P, that I am not straight?"

"No, it does not. However, I was just surprised. You seemed straight so.."

"HAHAH, I get that a lot P."

"Well, was it a good date?"

"It was ok."

"You do not sound so enthusiastic about it?"

"I did not want to go on the date. I only did so because my friend kept pestering me."

"Oh, you should just say no then."

"I am terrible like that P. I find it hard to say no and hurt people's feelings. The other guy really wanted to go on a date with me so I did.."

I just shook my head at Chay, telling him to let people know the truth so that they do not get hurt further.

"Honesty may be painful but it is the best policy." I nagged at Chay. He just smiled at me, promising to keep that in mind.

"Had dinner, P?"

I shook my head, citing no and that I was not hungry.

"Aww P, I have not eaten yet. Cant you eat dinner with me too?"

"You have not eaten yet?"

"I was quite stressed at the date that I did not eat much and am starving now!"

I burst out laughing against my better judgement.

"Come, let me cook for you."

"You can cook, P?"

I glared at Chay who just laughed, surrendering his hands up in mock defeat. I went to the kitchen. The help was stunned to see me there and offered to help to cook but I waved her away. She was so confused but moved away quietly and watched as I prepped and cooked bowls of noodles for myself and Chay. She offered to clean up but I shooed her away. I cleaned up too as Chay brought the bowls to the dining hall. Before I left the kitchen, I just smiled at her and asked her to keep this a secret from everyone else. She just smiled at me affectionately and nodded in agreement.

I joined Chay and we demolished the bowls of noodles. I watched discreetly as he ate with gusto. He must really be starving! I reached out to wipe his mouth and he looked at me in surprise.

"You eat like a child, Chay."

"Aww, sorry P. Am just hungry and this is so good!"

"Really? I am glad you like it then. I do not really cook so..."

"It is so good, P. You have no idea. Try it yourself." Chay proceeded to give me a forkful of noodles. I held onto his hand and ate from his fork. I looked at him, grinning. It was really good. I did not even know I could cook so well. I was impressed, if I say so myself. Chay smiled at me. That was when, it hit us both, on how close we were and how I was still holding onto his hands. I let go abruptly and he moved away too, putting distance between us safely.

"Sorry P. I was too excited.."

"Its not your fault Chay. Don't apologize. It's all good."

Chay went back to his food and we finished off dinner quietly. I went to keep my bowl when I heard Porsche and Vegas come back. Damn, I could not go sit with Chay and accompany him as he finished dinner. I went out only to find Porsche and Vegas chatting with Chay. Chay looked at me expectantly but I just nodded at everyone and hurried off. I watched as Chay's face fell. But I did not want anyone questioning our sudden proximity but why did I feel like I had made Chay upset with my actions?

And the worst part, it was eating away at me.