Chay

I just watched as P Kinn nodded at us and left.

"Do you know if he ate yet?"

I turned to P Porsche, who had asked me that. I just nodded my head, confirming he had done so. I guess P Kinn was not keen on letting others know we are close. Were we? I felt that every time we took 2 steps forward, we took 3 steps backwards. I didn't tell P Kinn, but the main reason I felt uneasy on the date was because I could tell that someone else was weighing on my mind. And I can only imagine how he would flip if he found out it was me. This was my secret to bear.

I just sighed and went to wash my plates when the helper stopped me. She told me that P Kinn was waiting for me in my room and was hoping to see me. Before I could say anything, all the old lady muttered was, "This is all new to him. It's the first time in a long long while I see Khun do anything like this for someone. Just be more patient with him."

I just looked at her and just smiled. She patted my head and told me to go on and that she would wash my plates. I nodded, touching her cheeks in gratitude and flew to my room. True enough, Kinn was waiting outside my room like a lost bird. I chuckled softly when I saw him. I grabbed his hand and just pulled him into my room. But once in my room, my bravado died, and I let go of his hand, looking at him hesitantly.

"Sorry about earlier. I think there will be too many questions if they see us chatting together."

I kept quiet, just looking at the floor.

"Have you eaten? Finished it?"

I nodded, still looking at the floor.

"Is everything ok? Why aren't you looking at me?"

Kinn finally came over and lifted my chin, and was met with my eyes, which just looked confused and sad.

"What happened, Chay?"

"Is it so wrong if the others knew we have been chatting, P?"

I watched as Kinn took a step back, stunned by my question.

"I am just curious P. Will it matter if we are close, P? Can't we be close?"

Kinn just looked at me quietly. Finally he went to the door but before leaving, all he said was

"I scrapped drinking plans with Sun tonight because your words came to mind. I cooked for you because I wanted to. I don't think anyone in this house shares the same kind of closeness we do. It will invite questions. Are you prepared to answer them? I be honest. I am not quite ready to because I do not know what it is and yet I want to continue doing it for you. Now, you tell me Chay."

With that, Kinn left my room, leaving me to my swirling thoughts.