Chay

I visited P Kinn's room and upon entering, I noticed a striking contrast from my own. His space exuded a deep, dark theme, highlighted by opulent satin wine-red bedding that adorned a magnificent bed. The room featured a spacious, comfortable plush chair positioned beside a desk. What caught my attention was a small library within his room, and I couldn't help but run my fingers across the books. I was genuinely surprised to discover his fondness for reading.

I selected a book and settled into the luxurious chair, immediately engrossed in its pages. Time flew by, and I became so absorbed in the story that I didn't notice Kinn entering the room around 40 minutes later. It wasn't until he knelt in front of me that I finally became aware of his presence.

"Quite absorbed in the book, aren't you?" he softly uttered. I looked up in surprise, startled by his sudden appearance!

"When did you arrive? I hope you don't mind, I took a book without asking," I expressed apologetically.

Kinn waved off my apology. Placing the book carefully on my knees, I leaned in closer. Kinn gently took hold of my hand, while tenderly brushing his other hand against my cheek, and proceeded to update me on what had occurred. My heart clenched as I comprehended the constant peril Kinn faced. He comforted me by gently rubbing my hands and softly reassuring me that he had everything under control. Though I nodded cautiously, my concerns lingered, deeply rooted within me.

Kinn observed me silently, offering no response. "May I ask about something?" he asked, and I looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"Was everything you said earlier genuine?" he queried. Feeling my cheeks flush, I glanced downwards; but with a slight nod, I affirmed silently.

"I'm not young anymore, my profession is risky, and I'm constantly surrounded by individuals who either protect me or pose a threat. Are you absolutely certain you want to be linked with someone like me? Your brother is obligated, it's his profession. But for you, it's a choice. Moreover, you're just 18, focusing on your studies. There are numerous people who admire you, who would wish to be with you. Despite that, you want to remain close to me?"

I glanced at Kinn and despite his confident words, I noticed a lingering fear in his eyes. There was an unmistakable sense of desperation, a sincere longing to be acknowledged and accepted.

"Are you certain you'll manage alright if I'm not around? Because, to be honest, I won't be able to." In a soft voice, I began to lower my gaze in a bashful manner. However, Kinn gently lifted my chin, compelling me to meet his eyes.

"I can't help it. I'm beginning to desire your presence," he confessed.

I found myself leaning in instinctively; it felt entirely natural. Meeting me halfway, Kinn kissed me gently. He tenderly encompassed my lips, drawing me into the kiss. I let out a soft gasp as he embraced me in an urgent, deeply desired kiss. It felt as though he had longed to do it for an eternity and now had the chance. Gradually releasing me, he prolonged the kiss before gazing at me.

"I've wanted to do that since dinner," he admitted.

"P..."

"Hush..." Kinn pressed a finger against my lips, gently stroking them.