Chay

I went down for dinner about 20 minutes later. By then, most were done. Only Kinn was still there when I trotted down. I saw him and stopped immediately in my tracks. I don't think he wanted me around.

I quickly turned around and was about to walk away when he came over, grabbing my hand.

"Sit down, please. Let's eat. I been waiting for you."

Kinn took control of the situation, making me sit down. He proceeded to serve me before sitting down to fix his own plate of food. I looked at him discreetly, not being able to believe my eyes.

We both ate quietly, focusing on our own plates. Midway through the meal, I finally heard Kinn mutter, "I'm sorry about the way I been treating you. I was just angry and worried that Vegas got hurt. But.. I know you meant well and had no idea those guys were coming.."

"P.. It's ok. It's my fault, too. I shouldn't have stopped you guys from bringing the guns. Next time, I wouldn't interfere in this.."

"Do you have to leave, though?"

I just looked at Kinn, my eyes darting between the plate and him, at a loss on how to answer. I thought it was better for me to stay away, but this was before Kinn apologised.

"Maybe it's better for me...to.."

"You and I both know that's not true. The boys will miss you, especially Porsche and Macau. And you will miss them too. Just stay here."

I looked at Kinn, wanting to disagree but finding myself unable to. I nodded my head, agreeing to stay on. Kinn broke into a small smile and then stood up finally, having finished his dinner.

"Good. Because I wouldn't want you to go too."

My face turned glaring red when he said that. I blushed irrevocably and just looked down at my plate. Kinn was about to walk off when he suddenly turned to me.

"Is your brother dating anyone?"

I looked up, stunned. Oh. I just shook my head no and asked him why.

"Nothing. Was just curious. It's good to know that."

I just nodded and watched as he went off. It was sinking in that maybe he was interested in Porsche.

I guess it wasn't such a bad idea, I suppose?

I finished my dinner and went to clear everything away. I was walking back to my room when I bumped into Kinn, who was on the phone. He quickly held onto me by my waist so that I would not fall and held onto me, signalling with his eyes and checking if I was doing OK.

I nodded, feeling this warm burst of air/blood rushing to my face. Kinn let go slowly as he continued chatting and patted my shoulders and walked away. I just watched him go off, and I realized I couldn't help but feel my heart thumping a little too loud for my own liking.

I went back to my room and was hanging out in the balcony when I saw Kinn drive off as usual somewhere. This time, he saw me as he went around the roundabout. But this time, he smiled at me as he went off.

And I, what did I do? I smiled back like the fool I was.