Chay

I was mugging with Macau when Kinn walked past. He looked so stunning, I still couldn't believe he had kissed me and wanted to.

Just then, Macau's voice broke my thoughts. "Do you think P Kinn is seeing anyone?"

"Why do you ask that?"

Macau blushed deeply then. "I realise I been looking at him differently these days. I may or may not have a tiny growing crush on him. I was hoping to know him better. What do you think?"

I nearly died when I heard that. I looked at Macau, stunned. Even though we were both of the same age, I looked up to
Macau as an older brother. And to hear him having the same feelings as me for the same person........

I kept quiet, just shaking my head when Macau asked if I knew Kinn liked anyone. Just then, Kinn came back.

"I'm going to the mall to pick up some things. Do you want to come along, Chay? You told me you needed some school stuff, right?"

I looked up at Kinn, who had that cheeky smirk and twinkle in his eyes. I looked at Macau subtly and then back at Kinn.

"I don't need it anymore P. You can go ahead."

Kinn looked at me, stunned a bit. Then he just nodded his head subtly and turned to leave when Macau stopped him.

"P! I have some things I need to buy. May I tag along?"

"Sure, Macau. Come along."

I watched as Macau stood up, wanting to get his wallet and beanie, leaving me and Kinn alone.

"Is everything ok?"

I nodded, just looking at my notes.

"Don't you want to come along?"

I shook my head, no.

"You want to tell me what's going on?" Kinn's voice was getting lower, which means he was getting pissed.

I finally looked up at him, my eyes glimmering and lips quivering.

"I'm trying to gather my courage to tell Macau I like you."

"Oh?" Kinn was stunned.

"Before he tells you he has feelings for you."

Kinn was stunned. He just looked at me. His mouth finally dropped.

"What?"

I filled Kinn in on the conversation I had with Macau just minutes ago. Kinn was stunned and didn't know how to respond. Just then, Macau came back.

"Shall we go, P?" Macau asked cheerfully. Kinn nodded his head, and he was about to turn when Macau just held onto his hand.

"Can we take my bike, P?"

Kinn looked at Macau's arm, tugging his wrist briefly before he reached out to pull his hand away. But before he could do that, I had stood up and gently pried Macau's arm away from Kinn's wrist. Macau looked at me stunned.

I looked between Kinn and Macau before I muttered to Macau, "I actually like P, and he has the same feelings for me too. I am not sure how you are going to take to it, but I wanted to let you know before I hurt you any further. But I also know I can't and wouldn't give up my feelings, Macau."

There was this foreboding silence before Macau just took a step back.

"Ah."

"Macau.."

"It's ok. I will be fine. I will skip that shopping trip P. I need some space alone."

Macau disappeared before I could say anything else. I sighed as I sank into my seat. Kinn kneeled in front of me.

"Are you ok?"

I looked at Kinn, shaking my head no. He just patted my head and gathered me in a soft hug.

"I am here for you, ok."

I nodded as I held onto Kinn, his warmth comforting me greatly.