Porsche

I was sitting at my desk, rifling through photos when I heard soft knocks at the door. Thinking it was either Pete or Chay, I asked them to come in.

"Can we talk?" I turned around, stunned to see Tankhun. His eyes were red rimmed, and he had been sniffling, clearly crying his eyes out. I just stood up at position and looked at him.

"Yes? Do you need protection details?"

Tankhun knew I was angry at him and just sighed.

"It's not protection detail. It's about us."

"Us? You made it very, very clear that there is no us, Tankhun."

"Porsche.. look, the reason why I am so reluctant is because of my past. I was hurt so badly that it permanently scarred me. I am afraid to receive love because I genuinely think I do not deserve it. It's not because I do not think you are deserving of it. It's me."

I looked at Tankhun, my heart breaking with every word. I knew exactly how he was feeling. I knew everything.

My own voice broke a bit. "I know that. You feel that way, and you made it very clear. But at the same time, I can not help but love you. I didn't fall in love with you at first sight. It's not some fleeting or oversized crush. It's the quiet set of simmering feelings that grew over time as I got a chance to be around and with you. I know you don't feel that way towards me and may never will. But all I am asking is, let me love you, at least. Don't take it away from me."

Tankhun looked at me quietly, stricken, his tears starting to fall down. I know he will never let anyone else see him like that, so this was sobering. I walked towards him, and he didn't move. I covered the remaining distance and hugged him tightly. Tankhun finally just accepted my hug and let me be. I nestled my head on top of his comfortably.

"Just let me there for you, that's all I ask. I don't need anything else."

"Not even what Kinn and Chay have for each other?"

I pulled away to look at him. So there was something brewing between those two, and it wasn't just me who felt it that way. I smiled, nodding at him. I was ok with Kinn being with Chay. Tankhun just smiled at me.

"Don't leave. For Kinn. For Vegas. For Macau and your brother. For the boys."

I looked at him. He finally cast his eyes downwards as he softly muttered, "Especially for me. I wouldn't be able to handle it."

My eyes became heavy set with tears.

"Can I just kiss you one time, Tankhun? Just once?"

He looked up at me, surprised. But he nodded his head minutely. I leaned down and kissed him on his forehead softly. The blush that erupted on Tankhun's face was so hard to miss, but I didn't call him out on it.

I know he will kill me for it. And right now, he was letting me hold him for a bit. Even as a friend. I am not going to let go of that.