Macau

The next day at breakfast, suddenly all the pairs sprouted up! Chay and Kinn walked in, hand in hand, and sat down. It was their quiet way of announcing that they were together.

Tankhun and Porsche came in, too, but they had hickeys all over, and Tankhun was nagging away at Porsche over something. I face palmed as I watched them.

My brother came in, but he was busy on the phone with someone and smiling away. I was pretty sure that I had heard P Kim's name, but I could be wrong. I looked at him quizzically, and he just smiled but continued chatting on the phone.

I just continued having my breakfast when Pete walked in with Ken and Big. They were asked to join us too. Ken and Big sat down next to me, leaving my right side empty, and there was one other seat next to P Vegas. I watched as Pete made his way there to sit with P Vegas.

I continued watching as Pete had his breakfast and was busy chatting with P Vegas over the meal. I sighed. He clearly was choosing to shut me out. Post breakfast, we all separated to do our own things. In light of the recent events, they decided that Chay and I had to be guarded even during school.

"Pete, you will be Macau's personal guard moving forth whilst Ken will be Chay's. Big will be the extra one at all entrances. Ok, guys?" Kinn issued authoritatively, and everyone agreed. I looked over at Pete, who just had his usual look on his face, not giving away any emotions of any kind. It was the genial impassive look.

I sighed inwardly as I got ready for school. Good thing about Pete being my guard meant we were in each other's company 24/7. But it also meant he wasn't really talking to me, so that was silence 24/7. My day ended around 7 p.m., and he was waiting for me. Chay had ended earlier, so he had gone off already as he was meeting Kinn.

I hoisted my backpack on my shoulders and trudged towards the car. Pete saw me, and I don't know what overcame him. He came towards me, taking my backpack and guiding me towards the car with his hand softly perched on my back. I looked at him but didn't say anything. We set off, and at the first traffic light, he took out a sandwich and a bottled coffee.

"Have some. You look exhausted. Was it very tiring?"

"Yes P. Today, we had back to back quizzes and assignments submission. Plus, I had a squabble with a teammate, so it has been a long, tiring day."

Pete just looked at me sadly but didn't say anything. Suddenly, I felt so alone, and it just hit me hard. I turned away to face the other side, and my tears started dropping. I wiped it away hastily and just firmly looked out. However, a few minutes later, we turned into our Manor. Once Pete parked the car, I got ready to get out, but Pete held onto my hand.

I didn't look at him at all. Pete turned my face towards him. I looked down, not wanting to let him see my teary eyes. He lifted my chin up to look at him. I ended up staring into this pair of jet set black eyes that crinkled lightly with the brief smile. He caressed my cheeks lightly.

"I know you had a bad day. But it's the weekend. So rest and recharge, and you be better, ok. Are there any plans tomorrow?"

I shook my head, citing fatigue and wanting to stay in. Pete looked at me briefly, then took a breath like mustering his courage and then mumbled, "Wanttogoforamovietogetherthen?"

I stared at him, half unsure of what he asked but also happy that he was talking to me. I nodded my head excitedly, and he grinned sheepishly at me.

We finally got out of the car, and he went first to open the door when Chay came by.

"Why are you grinning like a cat?"

"Because P Pete finally spoke to me and I said OK!"

"To what?"

"No idea. I just said ok."

Chay just face palmed as I continued grinning and walked off, having found a burst of energy suddenly!