𝟐𝟏. ❙𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

❛ 𝑪𝑶𝑳𝑫 𝑨𝑺 𝑰𝑪𝑬 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☽.⭒✻❙ 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 ❙✻⭒.☾•

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒂 𝒅𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒊𝒂

❝ 𝐯𝐚𝐥, 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑶𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑰𝑵 𝑨 𝑳𝑰𝑭𝑬𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬
𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

❛ when i close my eyes, all the stars align ❜

a/n

this chapter just has development for valentina, there aren't many spencer and val moments, so you can skip this chapter if you really want to.

        𝐺𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝑇𝑂 𝐻𝐸𝐿𝑃 𝑃𝐸𝑂𝑃𝐿𝐸 and protect the world from disgusting monsters everyday is a wonderful part of working in the BAU, but being woken up at two in the morning for an emergency wasn't so fun. Of course, it was for something important, but it was never a comfort to them when they're forced to go to work so early. This time was a little different though. The CIA had picked them up from their homes.

As the group, minus Hotch and Gideon, who had gotten to the FBI building earlier, walked in, Garcia was incredibly curious, "We have a CIA escort, that's totally not weird and scary. What do you guys think this is about?"

"Call my cynical, but considering it's two a.m., I doubt it's good news." Spencer pointed out, earning a sarcastic comment from Valentina, "Wow, you are a genius."

The BAU team walked into the conference room where Hotch and Gideon were along with another CIA agent. No one said anything, they were slightly concerned that another form of government protection was there, so they all just sat down as Hotch began the explanation, seeing as how they really needed one. "The CIA's counter-terrorism unit is engaged in a mission to save one of its informants. They suspect one of their agents is a mole, and until the identity of that mole is discovered, they've locked down the unit."

"This gives us the opportunity to profile the unsub up close." Gideon finished before he motioned for Hotch to go ahead. Normally, because she picks the cases they go on, JJ would be running the briefing, but this was a unique situation where only the Unit Chief and Hotch, who was 100% next in line and already took on some of the responsibilities, knew where they were going for this case and what they were doing.