𝟐𝟕. ❙𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

❛ 𝑪𝑶𝑳𝑫 𝑨𝑺 𝑰𝑪𝑬 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☽.⭒✻❙ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇 ❙✻⭒.☾•

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒔

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑭𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑯 𝑴𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑻𝑨𝑰𝑵
𝒅𝒋𝒐

❛ you're on your own ❜

        𝑆𝑃𝐸𝑁𝐶𝐸𝑅 𝐴𝑁𝐷 𝑉𝐴𝐿𝐸𝑁𝑇𝐼𝑁𝐴 𝑆𝑇𝑂𝑂𝐷 in front of the beautiful French inspired manor that was surrounded by a large property filled with gardens and stables. Spencer was already overwhelmed by the status of the Barnes family, not to mention their famous connections, but it seemed that in this case, Valentina was far more nervous to return home.

Spencer could see her fiddling with her hands and nervously looking towards the house in front of them as Florence was getting the last of her own bags out of the taxi. Spencer reassured, "Val, it's gonna be okay. And I'm kinda new to this, so I feel like I should be the nervous one."

"Yeah, but you have no expectation or idea of what they're like. I have been very nice in my descriptions. This place is hell on earth." Valentina spoke dramatically. Florence, who had gotten her bags, walked past the couple as she reassured Spencer, "She's over exaggerating. It's not that bad."

"That's because you hide behind red wine, I can't do that. I have to stay vigilant." Valentina spoke, yet again, dramatically as she and Spencer followed Florence up to the front door. Spencer was slightly concerned by her depiction of her family, so he needed to know, "Is your family going to attack you?"

"I have three brothers...Yes, they're going to attack me."

"It's gonna go great, alright? Everything's gonna be fine." Spencer comforted, putting his hand on the small of her back to bring his girlfriend peace. Once the door was opened, Florence had walked in and said her hellos to the two brothers who answered the door before they moved onto Valentina and Spencer. Maxwell had immediately brought his little sister into a hug as he exclaimed, "Valentine, I missed you so much! I have so many things to tell you about frogs!"

"Can't wait to hear about it, Max." Valentina expressed as they pulled away. Marco, who too was waiting for them, went in for a hug, but Valentina put her hand out to stop him. "Never touch me, lawyer."