Already Home

The following day, Draco descended the staircase, his dishevelled hair and crumpled pyjamas betraying his recent slumber. As he entered the kitchen, he spotted Harry diligently preparing breakfast and hot chocolate. A warm smile spread across Draco's face, prompting him to approach Harry quietly from behind and encircle him with an affectionate embrace. At once, Harry felt a tingling sensation surge through him – the undeniable reassurance of being in Draco's presence. Setting aside Draco's flower-adorned mug, Harry rested his hands above Draco's and slowly turned to face him.

A delightful grin graced Harry's lips as he greeted his beloved, "Good morning, my sweet boy." Draco met Harry's gaze, returning the greeting with a smile and eagerly embracing him again. "Would you like to be held today?" Harry tenderly asked, aware that Draco's parents would be away for a few days visiting Lucius' disapproving parents, Draco's own grandparents, who had yet to accept his same-sex preferences.

Draco made his way over to the kitchen table and settled himself down, taking a moment to survey the familiar surroundings. With a mischievous glint in his eyes, he decided to sprawl himself across the table. His arms crossed and his head resting upon them, Draco waited for Harry to join him. Sensing Draco's playful mood, Harry knelt beside his boyfriend and began rubbing soothing circles on his back. Draco met his gaze, raising his arms as an unspoken invitation to be lifted and carried upstairs.

Without hesitation, Harry scooped Draco up, feeling the familiar weight of his legs wrapping around his waist and Draco's arms securely encircling his neck. Ascending the stairs, Harry carefully laid Draco down on the bed, eliciting a delighted response. Draco playfully grabbed the duvet, pulling it over his head, only to release it with a joyful giggle. "Oh, you. You're simply adorable," Harry chuckled affectionately. Unable to resist Draco's contagious laughter, Harry playfully tickled his boyfriend, filling the room with the sound of their shared joy.

Suddenly, a rumble emitted from Draco's stomach, causing both of them to pause. Draco glanced at Harry, and in a swift motion, took hold of his hands, placing them on his sides. "No! No more tickling, darling. Instead..." Harry teased, his breath tickling Draco's neck as he blew playful raspberries, causing Draco to burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Draco's laughter continued unabated, his joy infectious. Harry sat up on the bed, watching as Draco wiped the spit from his shirt and playfully scolded, "You're disgusting. You're like a fucking dog." Draco chuckled, his mirth still evident. Harry couldn't resist the opportunity to tickle his beloved once more, and Draco burst into giggles, struggling to contain his laughter.

But Harry was relentless, and Draco's giggles grew louder and more frequent. Eventually, Harry stopped tickling Draco, and Draco sat up on the bed. "You were sleepy, darling," Harry said, noticing the remnants of sleep still lingering in Draco's eyes. "You're now all giggly and happy." Draco smiled, feeling content in Harry's presence.

Suddenly, they heard the sound of the front door unlocking. "Darling!" Narcissa called out, signalling that Draco's parents had returned from their visit with Lucius' disapproving parents. Draco stood up on the bed and then proceeded to sit on Harry's lap as they both waited for Draco's parents to make their way upstairs.

Narcissa entered Draco's room, holding a box in her hands. Something inside the box was clearly moving, causing Draco to grow alarmed. "Mum, why is that box moving?!?" Draco questioned, his voice filled with concern. He rose from his bed, anxiety coursing through him as he looked at his mother. With a reassuring smile, Narcissa responded, "Your dad's just putting something in the living room, but sit down on your bed, please." Draco followed his mother's instruction, perching himself on the edge of the bed.

Narcissa gingerly placed the box on his lap. Curiosity got the better of Draco as he cautiously opened the lid, revealing a sight that overwhelmed him. Inside the box was the most adorable cream-coloured puppy. Tears welled up in Draco's eyes as he lifted the little canine into his trembling arms, his heart overflowing with joy.