Chapter 8

Jay discovered news of Robert's Rebellion in Westeros from an unwitting trader who served as his makeshift newspaper. While he didn't have much respect for the Targaryen rule, which appeared to be in trouble, he felt the urge to get involved, but not as someone's sidekick. But then, he had a change of heart. With his long life and nothing else to do, he realized it was quite dull to hide like a dragon on some remote island. Perhaps it was better to become a prominent figure in this world, even ruling it. However, he knew humans wouldn't accept a monster as their ruler, even if he could unleash flames.

So, he needed a mediator to help him rule, someone who could be even better than both Daenerys and Jon Snow. That's when Jay thought of Elia and her children. They could be valuable pawns to use before he faded away into the world as a monster. His goal was to prevent a tragic event during the fall of King's Landing – the brutal demise of Princess Elia Martell and her innocent children. He planned to kidnap them.

Jay's emotions were deeply affected as a reader, especially by the horrifying actions of Ser Gregor Clegane in the book. He wished for a painful fate for the Mountain until the end of the series in his previous life.

Jay didn't hold much regard for Rhaegar Targaryen, whom he considered an idiot for causing an unnecessary war. Rhaegar's mad pursuit of dragon dreams, misinterpreting the prophecy of the three-headed dragon, had led him to seduce Lyanna Stark, nearly extinguishing the dragon lord bloodline. Jay felt pity for such a man who was blind to the goodness he had around him, as he had three children with different women, which he mistakenly believed fulfilled the prophecy of the three-headed dragon. Poor Elia, who had become barren after giving birth to Aegon, had suffered the loss of her two beautiful children due to Rhaegar's actions along with her most tragic death.

With a determination burning in his eyes, Jay resolved to get involved in the events of Robert's Rebellion. He knew he needed to prepare his young ones for this journey. After catching a massive whale from the sea, Jay returned to his resting place and summoned his young ones. They gathered around him, waiting for their meal. Jay with a burst of black flames, they feasted on the scorched whale together. Later, with three mighty roars that echoed through the mountains, Jay summoned the Naathi people. They gathered, puzzled and anxious, to hear what their Guardian had to say.

In a deep, rumbling voice, Jay addressed them, informing them of his departure. An air of unease settled over the crowd at this unexpected news. A brave young man stepped forward, voicing their shared concern. "Guardian, we hope for your swift return," he said. Jay fixed his gaze on the young man and assured him, "I will.". After all, who would want to leave such a peaceful life on Naath island?

With his young dragons following closely behind, Jay took to the sky. He couldn't contain his excitement as he spoke to his kids while flying, saying, "Let's dump in infamous King's Landing, my little ones." The young dragons didn't fully grasp what Jay meant, but they could sense his enthusiasm, and they responded with roaring excitement of their own. It was their first adventure beyond the boundaries Jay had once set for them, and they were eager to explore the outside world. Jay shared in their excitement as well.

Since Naath, the island where Jay and the baby dragons reside, is located in the Summer Sea to the south of the continent of Westeros. In order to reach King's Landing, Jay needed to fly northward from Naath. So they flew while maintaining a northward direction with the hope of eventually reaching the vicinity of King's Landing.

As Jay and his young dragons continued their journey, they encountered a massive storm. While passing through the turbulent weather, the young dragons clung to Jay's back, following his instructions. When they grew tired, they rested on Jay's back like children. Jay was pleased to see his young ones enjoying the adventure.

Days passed, and Jay, being an adult dragon, had no issues with long-distance travel. However, the young dragons started to tire. Periodically, he allowed them to hunt in the sea and have a meal on his back. Soon, the sight of land appeared on the horizon. As they got closer to the island, Jay ascended higher into the sky, sensing the presence of life in the distance. From his observations, he was certain that the island was Lys, one of the Free Cities, which confirmed he was heading in the right direction. Jay had no intention of landing there and continued his journey.

As time passed, Jay journeyed past Stepstone, Tarth, Stonedance, nearing the vicinity of Driftmark, once ruled by House Velaryon from the castle High Tide. However, the young dragons on Jay's back started to protest. They weren't allowed to eat or leave Jay's back, despite their protests. Jay tried to calm them down with a gentle growl.

Eventually, the iconic island of Dragonstone came into view, causing excitement in Jay after their long journey. This excitement even piqued the curiosity of the young dragons, momentarily forgetting their fatigue and hunger. Jay gently landed near Dragonstone, the castle atop the cliff, and then plunged into the sea to catch a huge shark for the young ones. After roasting it for them, Jay made his way towards King's Landing. At that point, Igneel and Moon expressed interest in accompanying Jay. However, Jay firmly instructed them to stay on the island, warning them to attack if strangers approached too closely. With that, Jay took to the sky, heading towards King's Landing.