Chapter 35

As Bahamut rested within the confines near Maegor's Holdfast, his devoted Yi Ti warriors formed a protective circle around him. They were resolute in ensuring no one would dare to disrupt the Lord's slumber like they did in Yi Ti.

The rest of Bahamut's forces took strategic positions, fortifying the walls and the castle, effectively turning it into an impregnable stronghold. Nearby, the other dragons, weary from their continuous efforts to create fiery barriers at every gate, landed beside Bahamut to find some well-deserved rest. They shared in the collective vigilance over their resting dad.

After a while Aegon, flanked by the apprehensive prisoners, approached where Bahamut rested. The formidable presence of the dragons was enough to send shivers down the spines of the captives. Fear gnawed at them, imagining a fiery end.

As Aegon reached the resting Bahamut, he bowed reverently and began, "Lord Bahamut, I, a young ruler, am not fit to pass judgment upon my enemies. I beseech you, as a figure of guidance and authority, to pass judgment on my behalf."

At Aegon's request, Bahamut raised his head, a silent acknowledgment of his willingness to pronounce judgment.

As the prisoners were brought forward, Joffrey, the former king, found himself trembling in terror. His struggles to escape only intensified as he was brought closer to the immense dragon, Bahamut. His fear was palpable, and he couldn't fathom that the colossal creature was now speaking.

Bahamut's voice resonated with authority as he commanded, "Bring his mother and other siblings." The prisoners, still stunned by the fact that the dragon was conversing, struggled to comprehend what was happening. At first they doubt the sanity of Aegon, who had requested Bahamut to pass judgment.

Soldiers obeyed the order and brought Cersei Lannister, the queen regent, and her other children, Myrcella and Tommen. Cersei clutched her children tightly, her head lowered, biting her lips, as they were all led before the formidable dragon. Myrcella and Tommen were overwhelmed by fear, their cries echoing their terror.

Bahamut's orders continued as he commanded, "Bring the Small Council members as well.". As the Small Council members were brought forward, Cersei Lannister's terror of the speaking dragon, Bahamut, only grew. Soldiers dragged in Grand Maester Pycelle, Lord Petyr Baelish, Varys, and Lord Stannis Baratheon. The only one missing was Lord Renly Baratheon. Cersei's heart raced, fearing what might transpire.

Then, Bahamut commanded, "Where is the Hand of the King?" The soldiers, responding to a faint voice, shifted, revealing Eddard Stark, frail and struggling to move. He was helped to stand beside the other council members. Eddard looked at Bahamut, astonishment in his eyes. The dragon's intelligence and ability to speak were beyond anything he had imagined.

Bahamut turned his gaze to Cersei, the former queen, and asked, "Cersei Lannister, is your son the true heir to Robert Baratheon?" Cersei, summoning what courage she could, lied through her teeth, "Yes." But Bahamut pressed on, warning her of the grave consequences if she was deceitful.

Then, Bahamut turned to Grand Maester Pycelle, who was muttering to himself in distress. The dragon's question cut through his delusions, "Is Joffrey the rightful heir to Robert Baratheon?" Maester Pycelle, gripped by fear, suddenly looked up and stammered, "No. He is not."

Bahamut continued his relentless inquiry, "Then the former King is unworthy of the crown and is a bastard?" Pycelle hesitated before confirming, "Yes."

Turning his piercing gaze back to Cersei, Bahamut asked the question that would shatter her carefully guarded secret, "Then who is his true father?" Joffrey, his mouth forcibly covered by soldiers, seethed in anger because of humiliation he is suffering. Cersei, unable to speak, locked eyes with Bahamut, her face a mask of disbelief. Cersei remained silent as Bahamut accused, "Jaime Lannister.".

Bahamut then directed his attention to Eddard Stark, asking, "Am I correct?" Eddard was left stunned and speechless. Cersei couldn't comprehend how this colossal beast before her knew of her one of the darkest secret.