Chapter 52

The last to arrive were the Lord Paramounts of the North and the Riverlands, accompanied by their bannermen and families, as per the summon's directive to bring family members. Some bannermen sensed something suspicious and suggested returning to their lands upon approaching Kings Landing. However, Eddard Stark, a man of honor, believed in Bahamut's intentions and dismissed the concerns, trusting that Bahamut wouldn't harm his men.

As all the expected Lords reached Kings Landing, Aegon issued an order to arrange ships for them, destined for Dragonstone. Initially unclear about Aegon's intentions, the Lords were informed of their next steps and destination. There was speculation that Aegon intended to crown himself the King of the Seven Kingdoms in Dragonstone, with all the Lords of Westeros present. Little did they know that it was Bahamut who would ultimately crown Aegon.

Before Aegon and the Lords who answered his summon arrived at Dragonstone, Aegon's personal officials were already hard at work arranging everything necessary for the grand ceremony. The entire island was under the watchful eyes of Warriors from Yi Ti, ensuring the security of the surroundings and preventing any unauthorized individuals from entering or leaving.

Preparations were made to transform Dragonstone into a suitable venue for such a momentous occasion. People were assigned to clean and beautify the area, ensuring that it would be a fitting setting for the gathering of the Lords and the ancient dragon, Bahamut. Since the ceremony was planned to take place in an open area, Bahamut used his magic to guarantee clear weather for the event.

The crowning ceremony was meticulously planned, with attention to detail on the placement of the Lords, the sequence of events, and adherence to ancient Valyrian traditions. Collaborating with scholars, the officials ensured that the ceremony would be a harmonious blend of Westerosi and Valyrian customs.

Accommodations were arranged for the arriving Lords and their retinues to ensure their comfort during their stay on Dragonstone. Well-disciplined men, adorned with Targaryen sigils, were present to welcome Aegon and the other Lords upon their arrival. The sight of such a capable and well-trained armed force made the Lords of Westeros uneasy.

As Aegon arrived, he was greeted by the officials who had meticulously planned and executed the arrangements. The welcoming party guided him and the other Lords to the castle, where they would prepare for the upcoming crowning ceremony. The anticipation and nervousness among the Lords of Westeros continued to build as they stepped into the heart of Dragonstone.

As the sun dipped low on the horizon, casting a warm, golden glow over Dragonstone, Aegon stood at the top of the stone steps, surrounded by the assembled lords of Westeros who had answered his call. The air crackled with anticipation as Bahamut, a colossal dragon with scales as black as obsidian, descended from the skies, eyes glowing with an otherworldly intelligence.

Lords of Westeros couldn't believe their eyes as they witnessed the majestic dragon, a creature that dwarfed their imaginations. Bahamut's appearance invoked memories of the legendary Black Dread. With molten gold eyes, the dragon landed gracefully, its massive wings creating a gust of wind that rustled the banners of the gathered houses. A sense of awe washed over the assembly.

Bahamut, a dragon king of ancient power, commanded attention. "Son of Old Valyria, Aegon Targaryen, bearer of the blood of the dragon, step forward," ordered Bahamut. Aegon, regally attired in Targaryen garb, approached to receive the crown.

The dragon's wings spread wide, casting a shadow over the assembly. "Kneel, Aegon Targaryen, before the last of the great dragon kings, and let your destiny be sealed with the flame that courses through your veins," intoned Bahamut. Aegon knelt as Bahamut, regal and majestic, lowered its massive head.

Bahamut spoke in a long-forgotten language, words resonating with ancient magic, invoking the blessings of fire and blood upon the rightful heir. Flames danced around Aegon, and a mark appeared on his shoulder, mirroring same one Bahamut given to Jon Snow's.

With a regal gesture, Bahamut lowered its massive head, and dragonfire enveloped Aegon, not consuming but embracing him with the essence of ancient power. The flames danced around him, leaving his attire untouched and glowing with an ethereal light. A crown, later known as the Crown of Dragonfire, adorned his head.

"By the Eternal fire, I crown thee, Aegon Targaryen, Sixth of His Name, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm," proclaimed Bahamut. Aegon rose, facing the assembled Lords of Westeros. They knelt one by one, some out of respect, some out of fear.

Aegon, now crowned, declared his oath. "I swear, by the fire of dragons and the blood of Old Valyria, to rule with justice and wisdom. In the presence of Bahamut, the Dragon King, I make this solemn oath, and may the gods bear witness."

As Aegon's words echoed across Dragonstone, Bahamut and the younger dragons roared, shaking the foundations of the island, marking the beginning of a new era.

[Attention: So here's the deal - the whole "Aegon on fire" situation is just a magical illusion, like a really intense light show at a wizard's concert. ]