Chapter 62

Within two days, Bahamut returned to King's Landing under the cover of night. Choosing to approach Aegon, who was lost in thought on the balcony, Bahamut tapped him on the shoulder, prompting Aegon to instinctively swing his sword before realizing it was Bahamut.

Surprised, Aegon inquired, "Pop, where have you been all this time?" Bahamut, instead of answering directly, posed a different question: "How far have our forces reached in dealing with the Lannister forces?"

Aegon responded, "Many Lords under the Lannisters have surrendered, but some remain defiant. The Old Lion has even hired the Golden Company from Essos."

"How many men?" Bahamut inquired. Aegon replied, "More than 10,000."

Walking toward the window, Bahamut contemplated the situation. Aegon questioned, "Pop, where are you going now?" Without a direct answer, Bahamut leaped from the window, declaring, "To deal with the Old Lion."

Transforming into a dragon mid-air, Bahamut soared towards Casterly Rock.

After finalizing an agreement with the Golden Company and securing additional funds from the Iron Bank to hire more sellswords from Essos, Tywin Lannister turned his attention to preparing for the upcoming battle against Aegon. He commissioned the design and construction of over 30 scorpions, powerful weapons intended to counter dragons, procured from Braavos with a considerable sum of money.

In an unexpected turn, Tywin found himself acknowledging his son Tyrion more than ever before. Despite considering Tyrion a burden and a source of humiliation to the family, Tywin couldn't deny a certain paternal sentiment. Tyrion, being the only one of his children present, was now actively supporting Tywin in their family's endeavors. While dealing with the remaining loyal forces, Tyrion played a crucial role while Tywin focused on managing the mercenary forces.

Returning to his room to rest, Tywin was taken aback to find a young man reading his documents in his seat. Bewildered, he couldn't fathom how a stranger managed to infiltrate his room, especially considering the tight security at Casterly Rock guarded by both foreign and his own forces.

Tywin for some reason felt unable to move back, his body refusing to obey him. Bahamut had already exerted his mental control, rendering Tywin powerless to disobey Bahamut's will, even if he wanted to resist. Bahamut, immersed in reading records about Lannister history, casually remarked, "Tywin Lannister, the puppet master of Westeros. How does it feel when the strings are in the claws of a dragon?".

Tywin, initially mistaking Bahamut for Aegon, was swiftly corrected as Bahamut continued, "You are wrong. I'm not Aegon just because I do have Valyrian features."

Bahamut, in his dragon-human form, reveled in the drama, finding amusement in Tywin's bewilderment. "Tywin, I must say, your family's history is truly fascinating," he remarked. "A saga of power, betrayal, incest, Kingslayer, and, of course, a lion's share of gold. Reminds me of bedtime stories for dragonlings."

Feeling a tinge of boredom, Bahamut exercised his control over Tywin, granting him the ability to speak. With caution, Tywin managed to stammer, "Who are you?" A smirk played on Bahamut's lips as he raised a book, his dragon eyes peering through. The air tightened around Tywin, rendering him motionless.

"I hear you're fond of employing mercenaries. Golden Company, is it?" Bahamut inquired, a sinister edge to his voice. Tywin, paralyzed and helpless, couldn't fathom the surreal nature of this encounter. As Bahamut drew closer, he continued his ominous exploration.

"Casterly Rock, the mighty fortress of the Lannisters," Bahamut observed, sending shivers down Tywin's spine. "Impressive, I suppose. Although, I can't help but wonder, how does it fare against dragonfire?" Tywin, still in a state of shock, witnessed Bahamut's gradual approach.

With a chilling promise, Bahamut declared, "Tomorrow I will come back again, but as a dragon. Don't even think of running away and fight me full might. If you don't, Lannisters end without a descendant, not even bastards." With those haunting words, he left Tywin in a state of disbelief. As Bahamut departed, Tywin regained control over his body, his legs weakened by the weight of fear. He stared at the direction Bahamut had vanished, unable to comprehend the otherworldly encounter that had just unfolded.

While Bahamut's stroll through the castle was an effortless affair. Anyone who attempted to impede his progress found their minds mysteriously blank, including a chance encounter with Tyrion Lannister. Bahamut, not in the mood for conversation, casually remarked, "The man with wisdom but small stature," leaving Tyrion stunned as if he were a mere specter.

Unfazed by the feeble attempts to halt him, Bahamut continued his unhurried journey through the castle. Along the way, he discovered the preparations made to counter him—scorpions designed to launch sky attacks. With a disdainful flicker of his power, Bahamut incinerated the scorpions, expressing his displeasure at such nuisances.

Choosing to distance himself from the castle and its confrontations, Bahamut opted to spend the night near a quiet village, leaving a trail of confusion and fear in his wake.

[Notice: Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well! I'm putting in the effort to wrap up the story as soon as possible. If you're eager to dive into more chapters, join my Patreon community at patreon.com/AmouxCreationX, where you can get access to 60+ chapters ahead. Good luck and happy reading! 📚😄]

 caution choose only either Red Wyvern Tier or Red Dragon Tier