Chapter 50

Staying in Kings Landing started to feel cramped for Bahamut, finding only the Dragon Pit and Maegor Fort suitable for his massive form. When Aegon suggested letting the young dragons stay in the Dragon Pit, Bahamut rejected the idea, stating, "Dragons are not prisoners to stay in there." Instead, he proposed Dragonstone as a more suitable residence for himself and the other dragons.

Aegon, though a bit saddened by the prospect of not seeing Bahamut regularly, agreed to the plan. He promised to arrange a regular food supply to Dragonstone for Bahamut and the other dragons. With the decision made, Bahamut allowed Igneel to stay closer to Aegon, and together with Sapphire and Diaval, they took to the skies, leaving Kings Landing for the more spacious and comfortable Dragonstone.

While Beyond the Wall, wildling Craster, his face twisted with anger, dragged a bloodied Jon Snow into his keep and dumped the young man at the feet of Lord Commander Jeor Mormont. Craster was furious at Jon for spying on him and demanded that the Night's Watch leave. Outside, Jon rushed to explain what he had witnessed – Craster sacrificing his infant son to the White Walkers. To Jon's shock, Mormont already knew. However, in truth, Jon was unaware of what took away the infant.

Before Jon could intervene, Craster knocked him down and dragged him to Jeor. That night, Jon couldn't sleep, haunted by what he saw in the forest – a shadow with blue fluorescent eyes. Unbeknownst to Jon, Bahamut could spy on him if he desired, sensing the magical disturbance from Jon's side.

As Jon Snow glimpsed a White Walker, Bahamut reached out through the mind link they shared. "Aemon," Bahamut called, prompting Jon to look around cautiously, clutching the Valyrian steel sword Jeor had given him. Bahamut reassured him, "Aemon, no need to panic. I'm Bahamut."

Confused, Jon wondered why he couldn't see Bahamut and why he was the only one hearing his voice. Bahamut reminded Jon of the mark he had left on him. Jon examined his shoulder, not realizing still how is this happening. Bahamut then asked if Jon had seen the White Walkers.

A flash of terrifying thoughts raced through Jon's mind. Although he had heard stories of the White Walkers as a Northerner, he never thought they were real. Fear gripped Jon, but Bahamut assured him, "Fear not, and don't approach them until you are strong enough." When Jon tried to communicate again, there was no response from Bahamut, leaving Jon alone with his thoughts and the unsettling reality of the looming threat beyond the Wall.

As Lords from various regions slowly gathered in Kings Landing, Renly Baratheon mustered the courage to approach the capital earlier than others, Storm's End being closer to Kings Landing than most. However, attempts to seek an audience with the newly declared Uncrowned King Aegon were thwarted by the officials appointed by Aegon himself.

In this tense period, a strict rule was enforced—no Lord was permitted to bring more than ten of their own men into Kings Landing. This restriction fueled apprehension among the Lords, hinting at a sense of mistrust and an uncertainty of returning home safely. The atmosphere within the city bred fear, with whispers circulating about the intentions of the new King.

Renly Baratheon, like others, found himself denied an audience with Aegon. The Lords were cautious, knowing that any attempt to question the authority of the King could lead to dire consequences. Those who dared to raise their voices against the presence of Bahamut's men found themselves swiftly suppressed, forced to seek forgiveness to avoid further repercussions.

Adding to the intrigue, the herald sent by Aegon offered no hints about what might transpire within the walls of Kings Landing. The silence from the new ruler left the Lords anxious and uncertain, wondering about the unfolding events.

The Lord Paramount of the Reach, along with their entourage, was the second to arrive in Kings Landing. However, they faced the same stringent rules as the other Lords—no more than ten of their own men, no audience with the new young King Aegon, and a sense of confinement within the city walls. The ominous atmosphere fueled fear, uncertainty, and regret.

The Lord Paramount of the Reach, Olenna, had brought her entire family to Kings Landing, trusting the words of the herald. The initial summons showed no signs of malice, yet the unfolding events painted a different picture. The trap seemed well-planned by the new King, leaving the Lords and their families in a state of confusion and concern.

To their dismay, they discovered that they weren't the only ones ensnared in this scheme. The fear deepened as they realized that communication with their men outside the well-guarded city walls was impossible. The vigilant watch of Bahamut's men, coupled with the interception of ravens using sorcery, left the Lords stranded in a state of uncertainty, their fate hanging in the balance.