Chapter 28

After reducing the Emperor's castle to ashes, Bahamut returned to the side of the ships in motion. He hadn't felt this good in a long time and had harbored the desire to burn down the Emperor and his ostentatious castle, which is big as King's Landing. However, the presence of the stubborn Emperor had kept him on track with his mission. He had somehow become entangled with the land of Yi Ti and grown attached to it.

Now, his focus was on returning to Westeros. Based on his estimations, Daenerys must have been married to Khal Drogo by now, and Ned Stark likely still lived. However, reaching Westeros would take at least a year by ship. He couldn't employ the magic that had enabled him to move a few ships in the past, as a single mistake could lead to the death of his own people. So, he decided to continue on their journey.

The only thing he could do was try to avoid unnecessary storms by using his magical abilities to manipulate the weather.

As they approached Qarth, the people of the city dared not stop the ships for toll. They could see that these were formidable battleships, carrying armed men whose numbers could easily outnumber the entire forces of Qarth if needed. Then, a mighty roar echoed through the air, striking fear into the hearts of the people. Bahamut had used his magic to amplify his roar, making it much more powerful than his natural voice.

The men aboard the ships began chanting, "For the Black Dragon, For the Black Dragon..." Their voices filled the sea, creating a cacophony of sound. The ships easily sailed through the strait of Qarth, and even a few trader ships managed to escape paying the toll by following Bahamut's forces.

As four months passed, they drew nearer to Astapor. Since they had the extra gold that the Emperor had given them, they decided to use it to purchase Unsullied from the Good Masters of Astapor. Their approach to the city caused panic among the Good Masters, as they feared an impending attack. The Good Masters hastily gathered all their Unsullied to defend their city.

When the ships arrived, they sought to allay the Good Masters' fears, assuring them that they had not come to wage war. They requested permission to disembark, but they seemed taken aback when the immense shadows of Bahamut and his young dragons loomed over the city. Bahamut chose not to land and instead circled the city from the air, while his young dragons perched upon the city's walls, causing the Unsullied stationed there to step back in surprise, although they did not flee.

At the same time, more ships approached the port of Astapor, carrying Aegon and Rhaenys, as well as Rhaenys' husband. Before departing from Yi Ti, Bahamut had made sure that each of his men wore armor and helms bearing the emblem of the Targaryen house, signifying their allegiance.

Both Aegon and Rhaenys disembarked from the ships, clad in black attire. They carried their Valyrian steel swords, which had been gifted to them by Bahamut. They were accompanied by the formidable men under Rhaenys' husband's command and the loyalists of Aegon. The group also had 50 chests filled with gold.

Aegon stepped forward and addressed the Good Masters, saying, "I wish to purchase all of your trained and untrained men."