Chapter 31

During this time, Stannis Baratheon held Dragonstone as its lord, but he was unaware of the imminent threat posed by more than 20,000 battleships approaching the island. The patrol ships sent to warn Stannis were abruptly silenced by Bahamut's magic, leaving the lord unaware of the approaching danger. The sun had not yet risen, but Bahamut was guiding the ships, eliminating the need to stop and determine the direction of their journey by the rising sun.

When the guards on Dragonstone's walls became alarmed by the presence of the approaching fleet, they quickly informed Stannis, alerting him to the dire situation. Stannis realized that with the sheer number of enemy ships and the sigils they carried, they were not there as allies. In a desperate attempt to save his daughter and wife, Stannis decided to escape on a ship headed to Storm's End while preparing to defend Dragonstone against the incoming threat. But time was running out.

As Stannis prepared to send his daughter Shireen and his wife Selyse away on a ship, a massive shadow suddenly loomed in the sky above their vessel, causing panic among everyone on board. When Bahamut spotted Stannis in the ship below him, he couldn't help but think, "We meet again." Stannis, who had experienced the dread of encountering this dragon before, looked up with fear in his eyes and clutched his daughter and wife as if preparing to embrace death. Davos joined them, gripping Shireen's hand while inwardly feeling relieved that at least his son had escaped this dire situation. With an affectionate gaze, he looked at Shireen, who was lost in thought as she stared up at the dragon watching them. Then, he exchanged a grateful look with Stannis before their attention returned to the dragon above.

However, the situation took an unexpected turn when Bahamut's forces surrounded their ship, and his soldiers began boarding. To everyone's shock, Bahamut's voice resonated loudly, "Keep them alive." This command halted the Yi Ti warriors' killing spree as they attempted to capture everyone on the ship alive.

Stannis couldn't believe his eyes; he had never imagined that the dragon he once encountered could speak. After giving this order, Bahamut flew away, heading toward the castle.

As the chaos unfolded on the ship, Aegon and Rhaenys, along with their dragons Igneel and Moon, easily captured Dragonstone. Those who stood in their way were swiftly consumed by dragonfire without any hesitation.

Meanwhile, Bahamut landed in a mountainous area near Dragonstone castle, and Aegon took his place in the ancestral seat of House Targaryen. Everyone in the hall immediately knelt before him, recognizing his authority. Bahamut, with his immense presence, spread his wings and let out a mighty roar to assert his dominance. The other four young dragons paid their respects by bowing in front of Bahamut. The Targaryen legacy was reestablished in Dragonstone.