Chapter 45

Bahamut settled gracefully on the frozen surface, his massive form casting an imposing presence. As he lay there, warmth radiated from his colossal body, causing the ice around him to surrender to the heat. The men atop Castle Black's walls felt the intensity of Bahamut's heat, further heightening the dragon's intimidating aura.

In the midst of this spectacle, Aemon Targaryen emerged from Castle Black, his frail figure navigating the cold terrain. Jon Snow, recognizing the fragility of the elderly Aemon, extended a helping hand. Aemon accepted the gesture, grateful for the support offered by the young man.

The reluctance of others to accompany Maester Aemon to the awaiting dragon left Jeor Mormont with no choice but to join him on this encounter. Unaware of the dragon's was summoning him until he stepped outside, Aemon was taken aback to know uttered by the very creature that lay ahead before him.

Despite the shock, Aemon's desire to meet the dragon and experience its touch prevailed. His frail form moved forward, a silent acknowledgment of the lingering Targaryen legacy within him.

Observing Aemon's determined steps, Jon Snow expressed his willingness to accompany the elderly maester and Jeor Mormont to the dragon. However, Mormont, with a stern gaze, denied Jon's request, intending to shield him from potential danger. Before the Lord Commander could articulate his reasons further, Bahamut, utilizing his magical abilities, intervened.

"Let him come." echoed Bahamut's voice through the air, leaving everyone in stunned silence. The dragon's unexpected approval paved the way for Jon Snow to approach the meeting between Aemon and Bahamut.

As they cautiously approached Bahamut, Jeor Mormont and Jon Snow gripped their swords with uncertainty, unsure of the effectiveness of their weapons against the massive beast before them. The air was thick with tension as they closed the distance.

Sensing their apprehension, Bahamut ceased the release of his intimidating presence, concerned that his sheer power might harm the elderly Maester Aemon. Aemon, his anticipation palpable, raised a hand toward Bahamut, a silent plea for a touch.

Responding to the unspoken request, Bahamut gradually lowered his colossal head. Jeor Mormont and Jon Snow, uncertain of how to react, instinctively took a step back, swords at the ready. Aemon, however, felt a surge of emotion as he sensed the dragon's massive presence.

With a gentle movement, Bahamut allowed the old man to feel his immense form. Aemon's trembling hand met the warmth of Bahamut's scaled chin, a moment that left both Jeor Mormont and Jon Snow stunned and terrified by the proximity of the dragon's head.

Overwhelmed by the experience, tears welled up in Maester Aemon's eyes. He spoke softly, his voice filled with a mix of gratitude and longing, "I wish I could see.".

In the midst of the profound moment, Bahamut sighed inwardly, a silent acknowledgment of the weighty role he played in the continuation of the Targaryen family line. He thought, "You should be glad because of me your family line continues."

Breaking the silence, Bahamut revealed a piece of crucial information. "King's Landing has been taken back by the rightful ruler. I wish, as a family, House Targaryen should stand together. I wish both Aemon accompany me to King's Landing."

The Night's Watch, already aware of the Targaryen reclaiming of King's Landing, was now faced with the revelation that Maester Aemon belonged to House Targaryen. However, confusion lingered about the meaning behind Bahamut's reference to "both." Aemon couldn't help but voice his inquiry, "Both?"

Bahamut's gaze shifted to Jon Snow, and with a resolute affirmation, he stated, "Yes." This unexpected revelation prompted Jon to take a step back, his disbelief evident as he blurted out, "Me?"

The dragon's response was unwavering. "Yes, you are, little Aemon of House Targaryen." Jon, still grappling with the notion, adamantly denied his Targaryen lineage, asserting, "I'm a bastard of House Stark, Jon Snow. I'm not the person you are looking for."

Bahamut corrected him, revealing a truth that left both Jon and Maester Aemon stunned. "You are Stark, but not just Stark," Bahamut explained. Jon, bewildered, sought clarification, asking, "What do you mean?"

In response, Bahamut posed a question that plunged Jon into a moment of contemplative silence. "Are you aware of your origin?" The revelation that followed shook the foundations of Jon's understanding, as Bahamut disclosed, "You are the legitimate son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. Aemon Targaryen of House Targaryen." The weight of Bahamut's words hung in the air, leaving Jon and Maester Aemon grappling with the truth of Jon's lineage.