Chapter 33

Bahamut advanced toward the walls of King's Landing, and with a mighty blast, he shattered the iron gate, the closest entrance from Blackwater Bay. A hail of arrows rained down upon Bahamut, but he used a powerful wind shield to protect himself. He continued moving, systematically destroying every gate that could serve as an escape route for the enemy, turning them into debris to block any potential retreat.

Meanwhile, more than 30,000 of Bahamut's men rushed toward the iron gate by boat, using the shore deposits made by Bahamut's forces. On another front, Rhaenys's husband led the Unsullied and his troops into the Red Keep using a secret passage that had been constructed during Maegar's reign.

As Bahamut dealt with the archers and guards on the walls, he strolled around King's Landing, with the young dragons creating a fiery barrier outside the city to prevent anyone from escaping by climbing over the debris. The siege of King's Landing had begun.

The warriors of Yi Ti clashed with anyone who raised a sword against them as they stormed through King's Landing. Their extensive training and experience in a land plagued by constant warfare made them formidable killing machines. They were relentless in their pursuit, and anyone who crossed their path met a swift and deadly end.

Before the assault on King's Landing, Bahamut had given a strict order to his forces: spare civilians and those who knelt and laid down their weapons. His men followed his commands faithfully. Even if they accidentally bumped into someone, they would help them to their feet and quietly instruct them to find safety in their native language, demonstrating their unwavering commitment to Bahamut's instructions and their training.

Inside the city, King Joffrey and his Kingsguard retreated to the Red Keep, realizing they could not escape through the city gates. Queen Regent Cersei, desperate to find her children and perhaps even contemplating ending their lives before capture, was in a state of utter despair. However, their escape plan was foiled by Bahamut's men who had infiltrated the Red Keep using a secret passage.

Because of that Red Keep itself had turned into a battleground, with the Gold Cloaks desperately trying to fend off the relentless assault of the warriors from Yi Ti and the Unsullied. However, their sheer numbers overwhelmed the city's defenders. More than 12,000 men who had used the secret passage infiltrated the Red Keep, leaving the Gold Cloaks in a dire situation. Many of them attempted to flee but were hunted down by the warriors emerging from the city and converging on the Red Keep.

The Red Keep was transformed into a war zone, with every corner under siege by Bahamut's men. Eventually, they reached the throne room, where King Joffrey, Queen Regent Cersei, and her children were guarded by the King's Guard. The King's Guard, especially the Mountain and the Hound, did their best to protect the royal family. The Mountain, despite his injuries, easily crushed many attackers, and the Hound proved to be a formidable adversary. However, their defense didn't last long.

Old General and Scarlet General, experienced veterans and incredibly strong warriors, stepped forward to face the Mountain and the Hound. The Old General was as massive as the Mountain himself. In a fierce clash, the Old General's heavy halberd met the Mountain's sword, but with a swift and powerful maneuver, the halberd sliced through the Mountain's neck, defeating the seemingly invulnerable knight. Meanwhile, the Scarlet General overpowered the Hound with his own Valyrian steel longsword, ending their resistance in the throne room.

Cersei, feeling cornered and desperate, approached the approaching warriors and implied that she might commit suicide if they got any closer with a knife in her hand while keeping her other children in her back. At the same time, Joffrey, with his sword raised, pointed it at the approaching warriors, repeating, "I'm the King, don't come closer to me, no, no..."

However, one of the Yi Ti warriors couldn't tolerate Joffrey's screaming any longer and swiftly broke Joffrey's nose, causing him to bleed. Cersei, distracted by Joffrey's injury, let her guard down. This momentary lapse in her attention allowed the Unsullied to move in and restrain Cersei. Along with her other children, they were all captured by Bahamut's men.