Chapter 24

Bahamut closely observed the chains that bound him while maintaining a protective barrier around himself. To his surprise, he realized that these chains weren't made of ordinary metal; they were something dark and infused with a powerful magic. Bahamut could sense the suffering and cries of people echoing within the chains.

He concentrated on detecting the source of this sinister magic using his magic, and his keen senses led him to a group of individuals watching from a distance. Even in the darkness of night, Bahamut could easily recognize these figures. In the books of "A World of Ice and Fire," there was only one group of people known for wielding such sinister black magic and concealing their identities behind masks—the shadowbinders of Asshai. These sorcerers were considered the darkest of all, and their magic was strongest during the night.

With a thunderous roar, Bahamut declared words that resounded throughout the fortress, "You've chosen the wrong adversary." He unleashed an intense wave of heat, creating flames in the darkness that weakened the shadow magic. As the magic lost its grip on the chains, the shadowbinders attempted to flee, but it was too late. They were consumed by black flames, their sinister powers no match for Bahamut's fiery wrath.

Bahamut's encounter with the shadowbinders had left him restless and consumed by anger, like a vengeful force of nature descending from the heavens. He unleashed his fury upon the fortress, and even as the men and women within knelt in submission, his eyes showed no sign of mercy. His anger seemed unending, driven by the knowledge that they had hired the shadowbinders. When the army finally arrived at the fortress, they found only flames and ashes.

As Bahamut's wrath subsided, he was filled with regret for the destruction he had wrought. This was a stark reminder of why dragons were often seen as creatures of unparalleled destruction; their anger knew no bounds, and they would not stop until their goals were achieved. Generals from the army politely approached Bahamut, seeking to understand the events that had led to such extreme measures. Bahamut explained the presence of the powerful shadowbinders, which helped them understand the reasons behind his actions.

But Bahamut didn't halt his campaign; he continued to lead the forces to the remaining princedoms and cities that hadn't yet yielded. However, as he reached their gates, they were already wide open in surrender. The destruction and death they had witnessed at the hands of Bahamut had left them in dread and awe. They had even sent spies to witness the aftermath of the fortress attack and had quickly realized that resistance was futile. One by one, they knelt before the Emperor and Bahamut, offering their surrender.

Emperor's fame initially soared, but it was clear that the people now saw Bahamut as the true power behind the throne. He was not only the King of Dragons but also the Chancellor of the Emperor, making him a figure of immense influence and authority. One by one, the remaining enemy forces knelt before the Emperor and Bahamut, acknowledging their rule. Some even began to worship Bahamut as a being of destruction and war, recognizing the force that had united all of Yi Ti under a single ruler. This transformation had taken nine years to achieve.