Chapter 10

For a moment, Jay's draconic instincts took over, and he nearly forgot his primary purpose for being in King's Landing. His fiery presence had nearly reduced the Red Keep to ruins, but he suddenly remembered his mission—to rescue Elia Martell and her children. With great effort, he shifted his focus away from his destructive urges.

The Red Keep, though battered, stood resilient, and Jay's heart pounded with anticipation as he honed in on the presence of the princess and her precious children in Maegor's Holdfast. To his relief, he easily detected their presence and he felt an undeniable pull, drawing him toward them. Inside, he sensed Princess Rhaenys hiding under a Rhaegar's bed, her eyes filled with fear and tears. While Elia Martell was attempting to comfort her son in nursery room, Prince Aegon, who had been awakened by the turmoil caused by Jay's arrival.

With a calculated move, Jay decided to employ his newfound talents—a blend of illusion and enhanced mind-reading abilities. The looming presence of the dragon outside the Red Keep had instilled fear in those within. The castle's inhabitants were hesitant to step outside, and the Lannister soldiers were reluctant to enter, dreading the fiery fate they'd witnessed earlier.

Jay focused his mind-reading ability on Rhaenys, eager to learn more about her father. After gleaning the information he sought, he devised a plan. To coax them out, he would conjure an illusion of Rhaegar, hoping it would lure Princess Elia and her children from the Holdfast. Without this ruse, they might remain hidden, paralyzed by their fear of him.

In the midst of her fear and sorrow, Rhaenys Targaryen cowered beneath her bed in the Rhaegar's bed. Tears streamed down her face as she grieved for her father, Rhaegar, and the chaos that engulfed King's Landing.

Suddenly, a voice, so familiar yet unexpected, broke through the shadows, calling her name softly.

"Rhaenys," the voice gently beckoned.

Rhaenys, her eyes wide with astonishment, cautiously peered out from her hiding place. "Father? Is that truly you?"

From the darkness emerged a tall man, his silver hair and violet eyes identical to her father's. But there was something different about him, something comforting in an inexplicable way.

Rhaegar (Jay, disguised as Rhaegar Targaryen): speaking softly Rhaenys, it is I, your father. Please, come out from under the bed. You need not be afraid.

Rhaenys: from under the bed, tears still falling Father, is it truly you? Are you alive?

Rhaegar (Jay): with a gentle tone Yes, my dearest, it is indeed me. I know you've endured much, and I am here to safeguard you.

Rhaenys: emerging from under the bed, her eyes red from weeping Father, I heard... I heard what happened to you. They said bad people killed you.

Rhaegar (Jay): enfolding Rhaenys in his embrace while making feel Rhaenys his embrace using mind ability: I understand, my sweet girl. It was a tumultuous and perilous time, but I am with you now. I've come to ensure your safety.

Rhaenys: her voice quivering But what about Mother and Aegon? Are they safe as well?

Rhaegar (Jay): They are safe, and we shall soon be reunited.

Rhaenys: looking up with a glimmer of hope in her eyes Where are we going, Father?

Rhaegar (Jay): It is a secret place, known only to us Targaryens. You shall be protected there. We will ensure that you grow strong and wise, just as your mother and I always wished.

Rhaenys: wiping away her tears Alright, Father. I trust you.

Rhaegar (Jay): That's my brave girl. Let us depart now, and remember, I am here to watch over you. While Rhaenys gains trust in her father's presence, Jay, disguised as an illusion of Rhaegar, moves towards outside Maegor's Holdfast .

At that same moment, as Jay approached Elia Martell disguised as the illusion of Rhaegar, Elia Martell stood by her infant son Aegon's crib, whispering comforting words to him.

Elia Martell: whispering to Aegon in the crib Shh, my sweet boy. Everything will be alright. Mother is here.

Suddenly, a familiar voice spoke her name, and she turned to see someone she thought was lost forever.

Rhaegar (Jay, disguised as Rhaegar Targaryen): softly Elia...

Elia Martell: startled, she turns to look Rhaegar? Is that really you? How can this be?

Rhaegar (Jay): nodding sadly Yes, my love, it's me. I've come to see you one last time.

With tears in her eyes, she reached out to hug her beloved Rhaegar, only to find he was intangible. Jay, as Rhaegar's illusion, gently hugged her from behind.

Rhaegar (Jay, as the illusion): comforting Elia What happened cannot be changed, Elia.

Elia Martell, her eyes still streaming with tears, struggled to accept the reality of her husband's death. She loved him deeply, even after his perceived betrayal. Her voice shook as she spoke.

Elia Martell: crying You're gone, you left us alone.

Rhaegar (Jay): with remorse in his voice I have wronged you, Elia. I'm sorry. But let me make amends.

He motioned for her to follow him, and Rhaegar's illusion began to walk out of the nursery. Elia, with her son Aegon clutched tightly in her arms, hurriedly followed, overcome with the longing to be with her husband once more.

As they emerged from the nursery, they were met by the sight of a massive dragon, Jay, waiting for them.

Rhaegar (Jay): softly extending his hand Come, Elia, let's go.

Tears still in her eyes, Elia looked at Rhaeny, who was tightly gripping the dragon's saddle. With a burst of courage, she approached the dragon, seeing Rhaegar's illusion standing beside Jay.

Elia's heart raced as she was lifted from the ground by an invisible force, making her fly towards the dragon's saddle. Panic briefly overcame her, but she saw Rhaegar waving his hand at her with tearful eyes before he disappeared.

Elia cried out, "No..."

Rhaeny: Mama, I'm scared. Will this dragon eat us?

Elia held her daughter close, comforting her as she clung to the saddle. Their world spun as they left the ground, carried away by the colossal dragon who had fulfilled their escape.

With a mighty roar, Jay carried Elia, Aegon, Rhaeny.

As the massive dragon, Jay, carried Elia, Aegon, and Rhaeny away from King's Landing, the people of the city watched in awe. Their gazes were locked onto the sky, where the majestic creature disappeared.

Meanwhile, Ned Stark and his army arrived at King's Landing to find a scene of devastation. The city had suffered greatly from Jay's fiery wrath. Burned bodies and the aftermath of destruction were all around.

With the hostages gone, Tywin Lannister had no choice but to negotiate with Robert Baratheon. He offered the head of the Mad King and promised funds to help rebuild the city, seeking some form of redemption for not swearing loyalty early.

On that fateful day, the entire world learned of the return of dragons, as the legend of Jay's existence and power spread far and wide.