Chapter 16

During the five years on Naath Island, not much had changed. Aegon and Rhaenys continued to grow, and the young dragons, initially small, had now reached an impressive length of 30 meters. Their growth was slower compared to Drogon, possibly due to the thinner magic in Naath.

Bahamut's primary concern was the development of Aegon and Rhaenys, whom he had chosen to be the future rulers of the Seven Kingdoms. He worried that the isolated environment of Naath wouldn't provide them with the necessary wisdom and strength for rulership. Thus, Bahamut contemplated the idea of relocating them to the Golden Empire, a distant land comparable in distance to Naath from Westeros.

To prepare for the journey to Yi Ti, Bahamut had to overcome the challenge of having only a vague sense of the direction in which Yi Ti was located. He saw an opportunity in the seventeenth Azure Emperor, Bu Gai, who was weaker compared to his predecessors. Bu Gai's rule was limited to his own city, making him a potential partner for negotiation. Bahamut planned to offer his assistance and power to Bu Gai in exchange for resources that would create a favorable environment for the growth and development of Aegon and Rhaenys in the heart of Yi Ti.

As Bahamut gathered Elia, her children, and the Naathi elders, he was surprised when the elders suggested leaving Naath Island along with him. This unexpected proposal caught him off guard.

However, the Naathi's wish to leave with Bahamut presented a significant challenge. To accommodate the entire village, they would need at least 30 ships to transport everyone along with the necessary food and resources for the journey. Securing such a large number of ships on short notice seemed nearly impossible.

Bahamut considered the option of stealing ships from pirates near Basilisk Isle. This plan had its advantages; pirates were typically more agreeable targets for theft than innocent merchants. That night, Bahamut ventured alone to Basilisk Isle, where pirates often made temporary stops. The island was inhospitable for both humans and beasts, so it served as a hideout for pirates.

While the pirates slumbered, Bahamut employed his magic to quietly steal their ships. When the pirates awoke in the morning, they found their vessels mysteriously absent from the shore. Unbeknownst to them, a dragon had used magic to whisk away 27 pirate ships, along with the unfortunate slaves who had stayed aboard during the night, and some pirates who met a fiery end by the hands of Bahamut's magical flames while they slept.

The following morning, the shores of Naath were filled with more than 32 ships. Bahamut had returned after a successful mission to acquire the necessary vessels. However, instead of securing all the ships from pirates, he had also taken some ships from what seemed to be wealthy merchants at sea. In a show of mercy, he had left safety boats attached to all the ships he took, ensuring the safety of the occupants.

Bahamut chose not to erase the memories of the people he had encountered, confident that their stories would be met with disbelief. After all, who would believe that a dragon capable of performing magic was responsible for their peculiar encounter?