Chapter 34

Rhaenys, eager for battle, couldn't resist the urge to participate in the attack on King's Landing, despite her husband and Bahamut's orders to stay back. She sneaked out disguised as an Unsullied, determined to be on the front lines. Trained as a skilled warrior, she was more than ready for action. As Bahamut's army stormed the city, Rhaenys was right there with them. Even Old General, who led one of the forces, didn't realize that Rhaenys was among the Unsullied.

Rhaenys proved to be a formidable presence on the battlefield, and anyone who crossed swords with her ended up worse for wear. The Unsullied had her back as she fought alongside them. Meanwhile, Eddard Stark and his daughter Arya were trying to escape towards the Gate of the Gods. Unbeknownst to them, the gates were guarded by dragons, and their journey to safety was fraught with danger. Arya helped her father, whose leg was crippled, as they made their way through the chaotic city.

In the midst of this turmoil, Sansa, who had been escorted with King Joffrey, got separated from her entourage when Yi Ti warriors attacked. She was eventually captured by Bahamut's forces, who believed she held some significant position among the enemy. Eddard Stark was unaware of his daughter's capture, as he believed she had escaped the city along with King Joffrey, who was also captured by Bahamut's forces. Unbeknownst to them all, their paths were about to cross in unexpected ways.

Rhaenys and her Unsullied made their way through the streets of King's Landing, causing the residents to hide in their homes, fearing they might be harmed. The city, in stark contrast to Yi Ti, was a grim and chaotic place, and the smell was unpleasant. Rhaenys observed the suffering and poverty around her, homeless individuals, and orphaned children running and hiding from her presence. But then, she noticed a man supported by a girl who was barely half his size. The wolf sigil on their clothing caught her attention, and she ordered the Unsullied to capture them.

Arya was the first to react, drawing her needle with fear in her eyes. However, Eddard Stark stopped her and gently laid down her weapon. Rhaenys approached Eddard Stark coldly and demanded to know their identities. When Eddard remained silent, Rhaenys struck him with her fist, causing him to fall. Arya tried to defend her father, but Rhaenys easily kicked her away. Eddard, struggling, finally spoke his name, "Eddard Stark."

Before he could say more, Rhaenys unleashed her anger, hitting him repeatedly. Eddard felt himself losing consciousness under the relentless assault. Rhaenys then stood up and expressed her disgust, warning Eddard of the consequences of his actions as a traitor. She identified herself as Princess Rhaenys Targaryen and ordered her men to capture them and bring them when summoned.

As Rhaenys continued her journey toward the Red Keep, Eddard Stark, bruised and shaken, realized that the woman who resembled a Dornish was none other than Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. He turned to look at Arya, who had also suffered the brunt of Rhaenys's fury.

In the midst of the chaos, Bahamut found a spot near Maegar Holdfast where he could rest. The dragon, majestic and colossal, settled down, waiting patiently for the turmoil to subside.

Meanwhile, Aegon made his way towards the throne room, his heart pounding with a mix of anticipation and solemnity. He gazed at the formidable Iron Throne, a symbol of both his ancestry's pride and his father's yearning. After a moment's pause, he ascended the steps and took his place upon the jagged seat.

From this commanding position, Aegon surveyed the room, his eyes meeting those of the deposed King Joffery and his mother Cersai, who seethed with a potent blend of anger and sorrow. In a voice tinged with icy resolve, Aegon spoke, "I won't be the one to pass judgment upon you.".