Chapter 44

Bahamut soared through the northern skies, propelled by the power of magic that had intensified since the arrival of the red comet. The dragon's flight was swift and silent, high above the lands below. His destination was the legendary Great Wall of the North, a colossal structure of ice sustained by ancient magic.

As Bahamut approached the northern territories, the air grew colder, and the landscape transformed into a frozen expanse. His immense wings sliced through the air as he continued his journey, bypassing Winterfell and other landmarks unnoticed.

With the aid of magic, Bahamut accelerated his flight speed, covering great distances in mere moments. The dragon's gaze was fixed on the distant outline of the Great Wall, a marvel that even a creature of his magnitude found impressive.

The Wall, a colossal structure of ice sustained by ancient magic, loomed ahead. Bahamut marveled at the incredible sight, his dragon heart swelling with a mix of awe and satisfaction. A creature nearly 200 meters in length, Bahamut couldn't help but appreciate the sheer magnitude of the Wall.

As he flew above Last Hearth, Bahamut continued westward in search of Castle Black. Sable Hall, abandoned by the Night's Watch, briefly caught his attention, but he pressed on, eager to reach the heart of the Wall—the symbolic Castle Black.

Amidst the preparations of the Night's Watch ranging party, a sudden disturbance in the sky captured the attention of every man at Castle Black. Their eyes turned skyward, and a collective gasp escaped their lips as a massive shadow eclipsed the sky—a dragon was descending upon them.

Bahamut, the colossal dragon, circled above Castle Black, his powerful wings creating a gust of wind that stirred the cold Northern air. The men of the Night's Watch, already hardened by the perils beyond the Wall, felt a new kind of fear creeping in.

With each pass, Bahamut surveyed the outpost, his intelligence keenly aware of the humans below. He recognized the concentration of activity in one specific area—the gate of Castle Black. Sensing an opportunity, he decided to land just outside the gate, aware that the cramped space within the castle could not accommodate his immense form.

As Bahamut touched down, the ground trembled beneath him, sending ripples of unease through the Night's Watch. They hesitated, unsure of what to make of the colossal creature before them. The dragon waited patiently, a silent and imposing presence outside the gate, inviting the Night's Watch to approach.

The day become tense as the men of the Night's Watch gathered on the towering walls of Castle Black, uncertainty etched on their faces. Bahamut, the colossal dragon, loomed in the distance. Most of these men had never encountered a dragon before, and fear gripped their hearts.

Clutching whatever makeshift weapons they could find, the men nervously eyed the dragon, unsure of how to confront a creature nearly half the height of the great wall. The atmosphere was thick with tension as they positioned themselves on the cold, stone walls of Castle Black, their anxiety palpable.

Sensing the hostility from the men, Bahamut, the mighty dragon, decided to break the silence. His voice resonated through the air, surprising everyone present. "I wish to meet Aemon Targaryen." Bahamut declared, his words cutting through the uneasy stillness. The men exchanged incredulous glances, unable to fathom that the fearsome beast could speak.

"Did that damn beast just talk?" murmured one of the watchmen, voicing the disbelief shared by all. Bahamut's unexpected request hung in the air, leaving the men bewildered and on edge.

Jeor Mormont, the seasoned Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, took charge. He commanded his men to fetch Maester Aemon believing dragons asking for him from the depths of Castle Black's library. Unbeknownst to the men, Bahamut employed magic to ensure that everyone within the castle could hear his booming voice.

In the dimly lit library, Maester Aemon, both old and wise, heard Bahamut's voice echoing through the corridors. His aged blinded eyes widened with recognition, not knowing that the dragon sought not only him but also another Aemon – Jon Snow.

As Maester Aemon slowly made his way outside, the men on the walls remained oblivious to Bahamut's dual intentions. The dragon's unexpected ability to speak and his specific request for Aemon Targaryen left the Night's Watch in a state of disbelief and anticipation. The cold night air carried a sense of foreboding, and the fate of Castle Black hung in the balance.