Chapter 47

In the period before the arrival of all the Lords in Westeros at Kings Landing, Bahamut made his return. His absence had allowed the people of Kings Landing to focus on cleaning and improving their surroundings, with a particular emphasis on clearing the drainage system to alleviate the city's notorious stench.

During this time, Aegon took practical steps to rebuild the city. He enlisted the help of men from other cities and repurposed soldiers who were once builders or workers. Their collective efforts were concentrated on reconstructing the damaged drainage systems and structures, especially the gates that bore the brunt of their earlier attack.

Addressing the issue of food scarcity, Aegon utilized funds to purchase food resources from the Free Cities, providing relief to the inhabitants of Kings Landing. Most significantly, Aegon took measures to tackle the rampant crime and thievery that had plagued the city. To achieve this, he appointed an experienced Old General as the Lord Commander of the city.

Under the Old General's leadership, crime rates plummeted, and thievery became a thing of the past. The city underwent a transformation, not just in its physical appearance but in the overall atmosphere. A sense of security and order began to prevail as Kings Landing prepared to welcome the Lords of Westeros.

During this from across the Narrow Sea, a visitor arrived in the throne room of Aegon in Kings Landing. It was none other than Melisandre, the Red Priestess of the Lord of Light, on a mission to spread her faith. Aegon, intrigued, granted her an audience.

Yet, within the court of Aegon, the sorcerers were wary, sensing the strength of Melisandre's magic. She approached Aegon, bowed respectfully, and greeted him with, "Greetings, Your Grace." Aegon nodded, giving her permission to speak.

Curious, Aegon questioned her, "Why do you seek my presence, Red Priestess?" Melisandre calmly responded, "Your Grace, the Lord of Light has spoken to me in visions and flames. He has shown me signs of the Prince That Was Promised, the one who shall stand against the darkness."

Aegon, skeptical, raised an eyebrow, prompting Melisandre to explain, "The red star bleeding is a celestial event, foretelling the rebirth of Azor Ahai. In times of great peril, amidst smoke and salt, the chosen one shall be born again."

Attempting to play along, Aegon asked, "Born again? Dragons from stone? What does this have to do with me?" Melisandre looked into his eyes and claimed, "Your Grace, I have seen you in the flames. I have seen a mighty warrior, a leader with the blood of dragons. The prophecy speaks of a ruler who shall unite the realms, bringing light to the world."

Aegon, still skeptical, challenged her visions, saying, "Visions in the flames, priestess? My court is filled with sorcerers who claim to see the future. What makes your visions any different?" General intervened, blocking her approach with his halberd, and Melisandre asserted, "The Lord of Light does not deceive. The flames do not lie. I have seen you on the Iron Throne, a beacon of hope in a world shrouded in darkness. The dragons shall heed your call, and you shall lead them."

Remaining calm, Aegon inquired, "Why me? And why now?" Melisandre confidently responded, "The Lord of Light works in mysterious ways, Your Grace. The time is now, the realm needs a savior. You possess the qualities foretold in the prophecy."

Contemplating the situation, Aegon sought advice from Bahamut upon his arrival, uncertain about Melisandre's intentions. Unaware of Bahamut's past conflict with Red God's followers, Aegon cautiously agreed, "I am no stranger to destiny, priestess. But if what you say is true, then what must I do?" Melisandre, with a smile, encouraged him to embrace his destiny and promised guidance in fulfilling the prophecy.

Aegon, cautiously considering her words, warned, "Very well, Red Priestess. I shall consider your words. But know this, if your visions prove false, there will be consequences. Until then, you can remain here as my guest.".

Melisandre bowed before leaving, expressing her faith that Aegon was the awaited savior. "The night is dark and full of terrors," she proclaimed, "but with your guidance, we shall prevail.".