Chapter 51

The people from the Iron Islands, including Yara Greyjoy and Aeron Greyjoy representing the Lord Paramount, faced a challenge when they were denied entry into Kings Landing by Bahamut's men. Aegon's decree was clear—without the presence of the Lord Paramount or their designated representative, entry was prohibited.

Despite their attempts to explain that their Lord was unwell and Yara Greyjoy stood as the heir to the Iron Islands, Bahamut's men remained firm in their decision. The situation grew more complicated, prompting them to send a raven to Pyke, informing their Lord Paramount, Balon Greyjoy, of the predicament.

Until they received a reply from Lord Balon, they were left stranded outside the gates of Kings Landing.

During this time, as more than a two thousand ships sailed from the Narrow Sea, bearing the Targaryen sigil, a group of individuals harbored the wish to follow Bahamut. However, upon reaching Yin City, they discovered that Bahamut and his fleet had already departed from Yi Ti. Undeterred, they prepared their ships and joined forces with others who shared the same desire to follow Bahamut as their beacon of hope.

During his stay in Yi Ti, despite Bahamut's initial portrayal as a destructive force, he also played a role as a benefactor to the people. His magic blessed the land, purging it of corrupt Lords who had committed unspeakable acts, and providing the homeless with the chance for a better life. Even after Bahamut's departure, the people of Yi Ti continued to revere him as a deity.

With Bahamut gone, the land of Yi Ti descended into chaos and war, instilling fear in the hearts of its inhabitants. Despite the turmoil, a deep-seated hope lingered within them, a hope that Bahamut would one day return. This hope inspired thousands of young men and women to embark on a journey in search of Bahamut, yearning to serve him and, if possible, bring him back to their homeland, becoming a part of the glorious legacy of Bahamut.

Following the Lord Paramount of the Reach, the Lord Paramount of Dorne arrived in Kings Landing, choosing the sea route. Like the other Lords, they faced the same treatment, yet Doran Martell and Oberyn did not protest against the arrangements. They received a summons to the Red Keep and were asked to stay there. Aegon, being a relative, ensured fair treatment, not wanting to incur his mother's disapproval. But he maintained a neutral stance, understanding his role as a king to remain reserved.

Upon their arrival, Elia Martell ran to join her brothers and family, hoping for a teary reunion. However, Aegon remained seated on the throne, following the teachings of Bahamut. The King must uphold a certain demeanor. Elia's brothers, recognizing the atmosphere, approached Aegon while Elia was about to question his aloofness. However, her husband stopped her.

Under the watchful eyes of Bahamut's followers, Oberyn, supporting his brother, bowed and offered greetings to Aegon, though it went against their family motto. After a few exchanged words, Aegon left the throne room, indicating he had other matters to attend to. Despite the seductive gazes from Arianne Martell, the elder daughter of Doran Martell, Aegon, well-aware of her history, ignored her advances. Other than her high-born status and beauty, in Aegon's eyes, she was no more than a mere whore at present, a sentiment shaped by the information Bahamut had provided about Westeros' important figures.