Chapter 42

Bahamut didn't intend to halt Rhaenys leaving. Eddard, grappling with the weight of Bahamut's proposal, finally spoke up, his voice strained, "I need time, Lord." Bahamut acknowledged his request, saying, "You may have that time, and you can return to Winterfell."

Amidst the crowd, unbeknownst to most, there was another presence waiting for the opportune moment to act. However, Bahamut's keen eyes didn't let this go unnoticed. He declared, "Before court proceeds, I wish to deal with a rat." Turning his gaze toward his soldiers, he called out, "Jaqen H'ghar, how long do you plan to masquerade as one of my men?" Bahamut had already employed his magic to ensure that the Faceless Man wouldn't escape his grasp, using telekinesis to keep him firmly in place. The other soldiers retreated, leaving the lone infiltrator unable to move an inch.

Bahamut continued, "Petyr Baelish did his homework. Unfortunately, your target won't meet his end today." With those words, flames suddenly materialized from nowhere, consuming the Faceless Man. Bahamut reclined, telling Eddard, "The next time we meet, you should have an answer for me. Return to your home." Soldiers assisted Eddard Stark in getting up and escorting him away.

Observing that Bahamut had no intention of dealing with the remaining prisoners, Aegon decided to take matters into his own hands. He instructed the soldiers to remove them, leaving Bahamut to rest.

That night, Rhaenys approached Bahamut, a sense of hesitation weighing on her. She believed her recent actions might have disappointed Bahamut. Bahamut, though he noticed her presence, remained reclined, waiting to hear what she had to say. With a bow, Rhaenys addressed Bahamut, "Pop, please forgive me for my actions. I was wrong. I wasn't aware of what was happening, and I struggled to come to terms with the truth. I hope you're not mad at me." Seeing Bahamut's silence and a hint of disappointment in his demeanor, she began to turn away.

However, just as she was about to walk away, Bahamut lifted his head and spoke, "Rhaenys, even though you are no longer a child, you'll always be one of my children. So, don't disappoint me by asking for forgiveness." Rhaenys couldn't contain her happiness and rushed to embrace Bahamut, her heart lightened.

Bahamut then shared a request with her, "I want you to undertake a task, if you are willing." Rhaenys, curious, looked at Bahamut as she took a few steps back. Bahamut revealed his request, "Bring your Aunt home." Rhaenys, with a playful expression, responded, "Yes, my lord." Bahamut then provided instructions, "Wait for her in Qarth, and bring her here when she reaches Qarth."

Intrigued, Rhaenys posed a question she had always wanted to ask, "Pop, how do you know all these like she will come to Qarth?" Bahamut, with an air of mystery, replied, "There are things you're better off not knowing." Rhaenys pouted, unconvinced by Bahamut's response, but she settled down beside him on the ground, just as she used to do in the past.

The following morning, Rhaenys, accompanied by her husband, set sail for Qarth, with her dragon following behind the ship.