Chapter 29

As time passed, preparations were underway to gather the men. Aegon and Rhaenys remained in Astapor, observing the suffering of the people. Their young hearts were deeply moved, and they struggled to convince themselves not to get involved.

During their nine years in Yi Ti, they had learned magic under Bahamut's guidance, including the use of Pyro magic through the Dragon as a conduit for gathering magical energy. Witnessing a man nailed to a cross, begging for release from his suffering, Rhaenys summoned a flame to end his torment. The slaves stared in astonishment, perceiving her as if she were a sorceress.

In that moment, Bahamut's voice echoed in their minds, asking, "Do you wish to burn down Astapor and free the slaves?" Both Aegon and Rhaenys answered simultaneously, "I do." Bahamut then instructed them, "Then do as I say."

Following Bahamut's guidance, Aegon approached the Good Masters with a request for both trained and untrained men. Initially, the masters were hesitant to comply with the latter part of the request. However, when Rhaenys mentioned that there was a dragon among them that could be ridden by anyone, they grew intrigued, seeking proof of her claim.

In response to the Good Masters' demand for proof, Rhaenys agreed and told them to gather all the men, assuring them she would fulfill her part of the bargain. A total of 8,500 Unsullied assembled in an open area, a number greater than when Daenerys acquired them. Bahamut made a dramatic appearance, stunning all those present, including the highly trained Unsullied.

Bahamut descended near a structure, nearly demolishing it with his immense presence. The aura surrounding Bahamut overwhelmed even the seasoned warriors. Lying down, Bahamut indicated his willingness for the Good Masters to mount him. Initially, they found it hard to believe, but their insatiable greed for a dragon like Bahamut led them to set aside their doubts. They readily agreed to Rhaenys's requests, including the sale of a translator, as Bahamut had asked to do.

When the Good Masters handed over a Harpy's whip to Rhaenys, both she and Aegon couldn't conceal their smiles. Rhaenys then ordered the Unsullied to assemble and commanded them to "Forward March." As they approached her, she called for a "Halt." As the Good Masters attempted to climb onto Bahamut, he suddenly rose, causing them to stumble backward. Perplexed, one of the Good Masters asked what Bahamut was doing to Rhaenys and Aegon, to which Bahamut himself responded, "We dragons are not slaves, you pathetic humans."

Bahamut's words struck fear into the hearts of the Good Masters, who had disregarded the potential consequences of their greed. Before they could flee, Bahamut unleashed his fiery breath, incinerating them. Rhaenys then instructed the Unsullied, saying, "Unsullied, slay the masters, slay those who hold the whip, slay those who wield swords against us, but spare the children and free the slaves from their chains."

One by one, the Unsullied embarked on a ruthless killing spree against those who were stunned by the dragon's wrath. The dragons joined in, setting fire to the structures while avoiding harming the children and those in chains who had gathered around Bahamut, following his instructions.