Chapter 1 | Chicago

Part 1

Another dead end. Anna sighed in annoyance as her plan had failed, she only had a small amount of time in Chicago and she just wasted a day for nothing.

Anna had settled in a bar called Molly's, she was drinking her frustrations away. It was quiet there. She liked it, hell she liked Chicago better than Seattle and New york.

She had lived in Seattle before her time in New York, before the army, before the special forces. Hell she had started in the army by 18, she was a real trouble maker.

That's when she had met Antonio Dawson, he had given her his card.

She would give him a call tomorrow, but for tonight, she would get her ass drunk. "Hey, are you new here?" A voice called out.

She looked up and saw a brunette guy smiling down at her, she chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, that obvious?" She asked and winced a little, the guy chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, I come here often. I would know" He said and as he did, Anna glanced at his waistline, a badge sat on the waistband of his jeans.

She knew it was bad news, if she had to do this case undercover, she couldn't be seen with a cop. "Officer?" She asked and nodded her head to his badge.

"What? – Oh, detective, actually" The guy said as he looked down at his badge, following her eyes. "Really?" She asked and turned to him, interested.

During all of her training, she had taken the detective test as well, she had been in a special force in the military, one tour had been enough. So, she had worked through the ranks, detective, agent etc. Now she's CIA.

"Yeah, what about you? What do you do?" he asked and took a sip of his beer. Anna chuckled and took a sip of her whiskey.

"I'm an assistant" She lied. "Ah she's mysterious" He commented amused. Anna chuckled herself and glanced at her surroundings.

"Wanna dance?" She asked and leaned closer to him, her eyes darted to his lips, he hummed and smirked a little. "Yeah" He said.

"Not here" She whispered in his ear. She grabbed her jacket and paid for her drinks, the guy did the same and followed her out, she glanced over her shoulder and watched him eagerly follow her.

"My place is five minutes away" He said, she nodded and crashed her lips onto his, he pressed her up against the side of the building.

"Or here is fine" He mumbled between kisses. "Oh no, that's right you're a cop. Can't have you breaking the law for me" She teased him as she pulled away for air.

The guy chuckled before the two made their way to his apartment. It didn't take long for him to slam her against the door to his apartment as soon as they had entered.

She moaned as he kissed down her neck, he slid her jacket off of her and she tugged at his shirt and jacket. Pulling it over his head, she froze when she saw the bullet wound scars.

He watched her hesitate and awaited her reaction, she slid her finger over the one on his collar bone, before she slid her hand up to the back of his head and pulled him down.

Their lips collided once again and the guy led her to his bedroom, though he became impatient and lifted her up, her legs wrapped around his hips as he walked with her.

He threw her on his bed and dropped himself onto her, placing himself between her legs. Anna moaned and began to unbuckle his pants, no longer able to wait.

She wanted him badly. She didn't slow down until he buried himself deeply into her, Anna was a moaning mess underneath him.

Hours later, they both felt satisfied, even though their lust for each other still peaked. The guy laid on his back and Anna was asleep with her head resting on his chest.

In the early morning, Anna woke up before the guy. She looked around and slowly slid out of his warm embrace, she got dressed and went out in his living room.

She glanced at her phone and cursed under her breath. She glanced at a letter on the counter, just to catch his name.

'Jay Halstead'

She hummed to herself in approval and exited the apartment. Her phone began to ring immediately. "Yes?" She said.

"Is this Camilla Diaz?" A voice asked, she froze in her steps and glanced around, taking in her surroundings. Camilla Diaz was her undercover name for this case.

"Yes, this is her–who is this?" She asked. "I want to do business with you" The voice said.

She knew who it was, she just had to pretend to be clueless. "Okay, text me when and where" She responded and hung up, not waiting for the asshole to reply to anything.

Anna went to her hotel room and showered, she carried her gun with her at all times for the rest of the day.

Just before lunch, Anna went to the local coffee shop and she remembered Antonio's words. If she ever was to go to the 21st district to visit him, she should bring coffee for the sergeant. Trudy Platt or else she would give her hell.

She ordered and walked to the district, she entered and looked around only to see the older woman stare at her by the front desk. She read her name tag and walked up to her with a smile.

"Hi, I'm here for Antonio Dawson" Anna said and placed the coffee on the desk counter, she slid Trudy hers. "And I brought you this, Tonio told me that's how you like your coffee" Anna added and smiled at the woman.

She was surprised and taken aback. "Oh–wow, I'm sorry, but Antonio Dawson doesn't work in this district anymore–he went to Puerto Rico months ago," Trudy said.

Anna's smile fell and panic settled in. "What? No, that has to be a mistake, it's Antonio Dawson with Intelligence" Anna tried. She hoped it was a mistake.

"Yeah, that's him. He's not here, but I can get his boss for you if you'd like–""--No! No, it's fine. I'm sorry for wasting your time" Anna said and slowly backed up.

Trudy looked at her with worry and suspicion, but as officers walked in, she exited in the crowd. Trudy picked up the phone and called Hank immediately, shortly after the man walked downstairs with Hailey on his heels.

"What's up, Trudy?" He asked. "There was a woman here, she asked for Antonio–she brought me the right coffee and everything, when I told her he wasn't here–she freaked out and exited the building in a hurry" Trudy explained.

Hank hummed as he glanced at the exit. "Antonio handed out cards just like I did, I've met them all, maybe she's one" Hank said.

"Was she injured or anything?" Hailey asked, Trudy shook her head no. "Keep an eye out, if she comes back let me know immediately.

Anna had left the precinct and had gone back to her hotel room, she got a text on her phone. An address and to be there in an hour. She changed clothes and went to the parking garage and got onto her black ducati, she raced out of the garage and onto the street.

 She changed clothes and went to the parking garage and got onto her black ducati, she raced out of the garage and onto the street