Chapter 25 | Roll The Dice

Part 25

Inspired by season 3 episode 13

Anna watched as another drink came her way, she sat at the casino table, cheering and flirting. "Here you go ma'am" A waitress said and handed her the drink. Anna downed it in one go and smirked. "Hit me"

"Twenty one" The dealer said. Anna felt a presence behind her, so she turned her head slightly and saw Jay. "Yes, okay!" Anna cheered.

"Excuse me. Uh, can I get another drink over here?" Anna called out loudly, getting attention. "This is unreal" Jay said and laughed, hovering over Anna from behind.

"Do you want to take it up to the room?" Jay asked her. "Maybe later. I want to go out.  Gentlemen, Lady. Thank you" Anna said as she stumbled while getting up.

She handed the dealer a chip as a thank you and then started stuffing her chips down her purse. Anna got the cash from the chips and Jay had followed her everywhere.

"Eight, nine, thousand" The woman counting her money said. "Thank you" Anna smiled and put the money in her purse.

"Ma'am you've had a nice night. I'd like to offer you a car home" A man said, he was working at the casino. "Aw, that's so sweet. I'm actually okay to drive. Thanks" Anna said and stuffed a 100 dollar bill into his suit pocket before walking away from him.

As Anna was making her way out, stumbling and everything Jay ran up behind her. "Hey!" He called out, clearly pissed off. "Where are you going?"

"The city. I want to spend some of this" Anna said with a grin. She was drunk off her ass. "You're gonna drive?" Jay said in disbelief.

"How many whiskeys did you have? Seven?"

"Oh, now you're counting?" Anna retorted. "Yeah, when I'm dealing with a drunk, I count drinks" Jay replied, Anna gasped and slapped Jay on the side of the face, making the crowd around them gasp.

"Find someone else that needs saving" Anna scoffed. "You know what? Knock yourself out" Jay called after her.

Anna continued all the way to her car, she exhaled deeply when she was on the road, feeling ready to get on with this. She had spent a lot of hours in that horrible casino.

Her phone started ringing and she saw Jay's name flashing across the screen. She ignored it as she knew what it meant. Police sirens started wailing and Anna glanced in the rearview mirror and pulled over.

"Damnit"

A man walked up to her window as she had rolled it down. "You know why I pulled you over?" He asked. Watkins was the name on his vest.

"I have no idea, Officer" Anna said with a charming smile. "You were swerving" He answered. "Oh, um..I didn't realize that" Anna said, playing dumb.

"Coming from the casino?" He asked. "Yeah"

"Where's the cash?" He asked. "Why?" Anna questioned. "Hand it over, we can forget the whole thing. Or I could throw you on top of the hood, throw the cuffs on you, take you in for drunk driving" He threatened.

"No...I–" Anna paused and took the cash out of her purse. Scoffing at the officer and then handing it to him. The officer walked away with the money and just as he did, a car speeding towards them got his attention.

Cars blocked the road, leaving the officer nowhere to run. Anna got out of the car and aimed her gun at him. "Drop the gun!" Anna shouted.

"Patrolman, drop the gun, or I drop you" Antonio shouted. The officer dropped the gun and got onto his knees, holding his hands up.