Chapter 13 | TV Scandal

Part 13

After dinner at Kelley and Stella's apartment, they sat on the couch and sipped on beers and shared stories.

"What did you want to talk about Kelley?" Anna asked, she needed to get it over with. She'd waited long enough.

"I know we said this was casual and that it was just sex, but I still have feelings for Stella and I think I'm gonna do something about it" Kelley said, putting it out there.

Kelley was a distraction, he'd been there when she needed it and she had been there when he needed it.

She also knew Stella and Kelley had a thing in the past, but they had more chemistry than Anna and Kelley did.

"Okay, that's fair. I think you and Stella are perfect for each other and I do hope that you do something about it, because you two would be great together" Anna said and smiled.

"Thank you, friends?" Kelley said and Anna nodded with a smile. The two pinky promised and had a laugh out of it.

"What is up with you and Jay by the way? I only got small bits out of you, what happened?" Kelley asked.

"I fucked up big time, it might be the biggest mistake i've ever made— and that says a lot" Anna retorted with a scoff and thought back to their time together.

Kelley noticed how Anna's mood dropped even after she attempted to make a joke.

"You fell for him, didn't you?" Kelley asked and Anna exhaled deeply. "This has been great, Kels. But I need to go, it's getting late. I'll see you around— you still owe me and Stella drinks" Anna said and faked a smile and laughed.

As if Kelley hadn't just been about to pry her walls down. "Alright, we'll see how the weekend looks with that" Kelley said and Anna nodded.

"Bye Kelley" Anna said and kissed his cheek before leaving the apartment.

On the way down Anna bumped into Stella. "Stella, make your shot— Kelley is your man. Trust me, just take your shot" Anna encouraged Stella.

The woman smiled and Anna winked at her before leaving the building. Anna drove back home to her house and took a long shower before going to bed.

The next morning Anna woke up and went to the gym as usual, then she stopped for a quick breakfast and coffee and then she headed to the precinct.

She was the first one there.

She usually was, sometimes Kim beat her. But not this time and Anna was able to eat her breakfast and drink her coffee in peace without Adam stealing her coffee and food.

A bad habit he's taken on.

It didn't take more than half an hour before everyone piled in, and it didn't take more than five minutes before Voight came into the bullpen.

"Trudy Platt is gonna be on television today, so get the tv in" Voight called out and the team obeyed his order. All of them snickering as they got ready.

"Platt's on in two! Everyone! Adam! Come on!" Kim shouted and walked in with snacks. Anna laughed and hopped onto her desk, having a perfect view of the screen.

"Okay, everybody be quiet" Kevin says, muffled as he's stuffing his face. "Platt's on tv"

"Betty's sitting down to discuss the new friendly face of the Chicago PD with Sergeant Trudy Platt" The woman on the tv says.

"New friendly face?" Both Adam and Anna says, with a laugh. "Thank you, Sheri. I'm so excited to be here today with Sergeant Trudy Platt from the 21st district..." Betty says, and Trudy's face screams with how much she hates it.