Chapter 31 | Ryan

Part 31

Inspired by season 5 episode 10

"Heard from him?" Hailey asked Anna. She shook her head while staring at his empty chair. After Luis' death, neither of the team heard from Jay. Anna lost Jay. At least it felt that way.

She and Hailey had kept eyes on him and Luis, she knew Jay was bonding with Luis. Even though he was supposed to be a job, he was protecting him. Trusting him.

Anna had tried to make Jay see, when he requested Marcus be pulled out, so that Jay could get on the job. But Hank had backed Jay up.

That's how it all went to shit.

Jay had worked Camila and Anna had seen Jay kiss her. She knew he was getting lost.

"Anna, a word" Hank called out. Anna stood up without blinking and went into his office. "We might need a new set of eyes on the team, if Jay doesn't turn up" Hank told her.

"I might know someone" Anna said and nodded her head. "Are you prepared to have a new partner?" Hank asked her.

"No, It was the deal. I have no partner. I have a team" Anna said and stood up and left his office without another word.

-

Anna had let Jay down when they entered that building. Luis was shot and Anna had tried to run to cover Luis, but she got there too late.

Jay ran to Luis and tried to stop the bleeding and in the middle of the chaos, Anna had called out Jay's name. Only for him to aim his gun at her, not realizing who she was.

Realization had hit Jay's face and he had lowered the gun, grieving for Luis and regretting how he crossed the one line he never wanted to. Aiming his gun at Anna's head. His gun.

Anna saw his face, how unclear his eyes were, how panicked he was when aiming at her. She didn't know what to do, she had reached out to Jay afterwards. She had done what she could, but he was gone.

But this time, she told herself she would wait for him. He waited for her, it seemed only fair.

Though Anna had no idea how deep in this Luis and Camila thing Jay was. In fact, how close he was with Camila. She didn't know that in the exact moment she was thinking about him, he was in bed with Camila.

-

Jay was at a party with Camila and her friends, they did coke and other drugs in front of Jay. "I should get going" Jay told Camila.

"Come on, stay" Camila begged him. "It's like 2.30 in the morning. I gotta be up early" Jay said and tried to stand up but Camila blocked him.

"Let me show you something" Camila whispered in his ear, Jay caved and the two went off in a storage room, slamming the door open as they made out. "Is that–wait is that coke?" Jay asked when he tasted something on her lips.

"I'm sorry, it's on my gums" Camila said. "I really gotta go" Jay stammered. "Mmm, fine. It's just, things are always better when you're here, with me" Camila half whispered. Once again Jay caved and kissed her.

He cleared a table and lifted her onto it and got to business.

-

"Jay? Are you in there?" Anna knocked for the fifth time on his door. She tried calling him once again with no answer. The lights were on in his apartment, so she figured that he was home.

"Jay, come on. Open the door" Anna said and banged her fist on his door once again. When she realized he wasn't gonna open, if he even was home, she sighed and shook her head a little.