Chapter 5 | Mysterious

Part 5

"So, who is this mysterious girl you're seeing?" Adam pleaded Jay for the tenth time this morning. "I am never telling you anything again" Jay called out to Hailey who grinned.

"Detective chuckles, there's a woman downstairs waiting for you" Trudy walked up the stairs and called out. "Is it her?" Adam asked with a dramatic gasp.

Jay checked his watch, noticing the time, they did have a lunch date and Jay had forgotten about the time. "Shut it" Jay retorted and rolled his eyes, skipping down the stairs while putting on his jacket.

Jay immediately spotted a woman, but it wasn't Anna. It was one of his CI's. "Sandra, hi. Everything okay?" Jay asked.

"Is there somewhere we can talk?" she asked, she looked shaken up so Jay brought her into the office nearby.

"The shoot up, last night. It's them–" Sandra stuttered over her words and Jay furrowed his brows. "What do you mean?"

"There's a gang, it's a drug gang, but they've been expanding to weapons. Last night they had a meeting with all of them. There's five of them" Sandra said with worry.

"They've got big plans, Jay. They're gonna take over Chicago" Sandra said, tears brimmed in her eyes and Jay frowned.

"Thank you, Sandra. Do you have any names?" Jay asked. "Isaiah, Isaiah Demico"

Anna raced up to the precinct and stayed outside, waiting for Jay. As she sat there, waiting, Jay finally walked out, skipping down the stairs, his eyes immediately locked with hers.

Anna noticed he looked rather stressed. "Hi, everything okay?" Anna asked when Jay reached her. He nodded and sighed. "I might've just caught a huge case" Jay says and Anna nods her head.

"Well, do you have the time for lunch or are you needed there?" Anna asked, she respected that he might've had to stay.

"Yeah, it's fine. Come with me" Jay said and Anna got off of her motorcycle and followed him to his car. They went to grab sandwiches and after eating and talking, the two had to get back, Jay to the precinct and Anna to her motorcycle.

But on the way Jay stopped at an abandoned parking lot. "Anna, we haven't known each other that long, but with what's on the rise in Chicago, I want you to be extra careful, okay?" Jay said and turned to her, fully serious about it.

"Okay, I will. I understand" Anna said and gave him a small smile before pecking his lips. "I mean it, never leave your door open like you did last night, always check the door, watch the people you run into here" Jay said, as he pulled away.

He needed her to understand just how dangerous Chicago could be. Even though Anna was fully prepared for it, she was CIA after all.

"Okay, I won't. I promise" Anna said and cupped his face, gaining his full attention. "I'm safe, don't worry about me" Anna insisted and Jay scoffed, knowing those words would never fully reassure him.

No matter who said this to him.

"Jay, hey, don't underestimate me. I know how to take care of myself, I promise you" Anna said, his eyes gazed into hers.

"Good" Jay said and crashed his lips onto hers. Anna got on top of him and Jay held her closer than ever, tasting every inch of her, feeling every inch of her.

"Overprotective Jay Halstead is hot" Anna said between kisses, Jay just shut her up by kissing her harder, deepening the kiss.

Jay leaned the seat back so that they were almost laying down, Jay got Anna out of her black jeans while Anna opened his belt and unzipped his pants.