Chapter 11 | Back Again

Part 11

A month had passed at Anna's new job in the 21st precinct. She had found herself a house and she loved it. She had stayed with Hank for two weeks, he was great.

Sort of like a father figure, one she never had growing up.

Anna got up from her bed and grabbed a shirt that laid nearby, she knew it wasn't hers, she glanced at the man in her bed and smiled a little.

"I have to go to work, Voight just called" Anna said, Kelley hummed and lifted his head. Anna chuckled a little at his sleepy face and shook her head.

"Lock up when you leave" Anna said and grabbed her belt and gun. "Alright, I'll see you at lunch right?" Kelley called out.

"Maybe" Anna shouted back before getting dressed properly. Kelley and Anna were just sleeping together, they were casual.

They had met at a case Intelligence caught from the 51 firehouse. Shortly after Kelley ended up in her bed.

Anna checked herself over in the mirror and grabbed a cup of coffee before leaving her home. She walked out to her car and got in before racing down the street.

She raced into the precinct and walked in, greeting Trudy as always. "Morning sunshine" Anna called out to the elderly woman. "You're a pain in my ass, Lorenzi" Trudy grumbled and Anna laughed.

The two had a love, hate friendship.

Anne walked up the stairs to the bullpen and met Kim. "Morning" Anna called out with a smile. Anna was thriving, she was healthier than she had been a month ago. Everyone saw it, everyone became affected by her presence in the best way possible.

Anna went into Voight's office and stuck her head in. "Morning Sarge" Anna called out and he shot her a smile and nodded. "Good morning, Anna" Hank said.

Anna smiled and went back to her desk and sat down, turned on her computer and got ready for another case to be brought to them. Anna sipped her coffee and watched as Adam and Kevin walked up the stairs, laughing and chatting.

Both fist bumped Anna and Adam tried to steal her coffee. "Get your own, Adam. It's not that hard" Anna retorted and slapped his fingers away for the fifth time this week.

Kim giggled at the two when Adam ruffled Anna's hair and Anna slapped his hands away. The mood died when a new presence in the bullpen walked up the stairs.

Anna's smile died and she froze, having grabbed onto Adam's fingers while he was ruffling her hair again.

Jay frowned upon seeing them and continued walking to his desk as if nothing had happened, of course his desk was opposite of Anna's and Adam patted Anna's head before retrieving to his own desk.

"You're back already?" Kim asked and smiled, trying to ease the tension. Hailey walked in after and winced a little when she felt the tension.

Hailey nodded her head towards the hall and Anna took the bait immediately. "Thank you, thank you, thank you" Anna whisper shouted when the two disappeared down the hall.

"You two didn't talk yet, did you?" Hailey asked quietly and Anna shook her head no. "Auch, I'll try to talk to him and see where he's at with this" Hailey said and Anna nodded her head.

"Thank you, Hails. Really, I don't know how to deal with this, to be honest. It's a lot" Anna admitted and Hailey nodded understandingly.

"Guys, we caught a case" Kevin shouted and the two shared a look before going back to the bullpen. Anna leaned against Kevin's desk when Voight presented the case shortly.