Chapter 21 | "You came"

Part 21

Inspired by season 3 episode 1

A month later

The music in the club blasted and Anna sat on a couch, along with a bunch of strangers. Anna downed another shot and felt her vision double and blurry.

She thought about Jay's last words to her, before she abandoned the team and took a forced furlough. "Whatever you got going on, know that I am looking out for you"

Jay's words haunted her, like everything else did. Anna barely slept, she wasn't able to. Her old PTSD resurfaced and the new traumatic experience with O'Hara had made it worse.

She was paranoid, she wasn't able to feel calm and collected. She was all over the place, she was a mess.

Anna sipped her drink and stared into nothing.

-

Antonio saved a CI named Bianca and got her corporation with catching Benji Keyes and his brother. Saving Bianca as well from jumping off the roof.

"Good morning, ladies. This is Benji Keyes. Known on the street as Benji Bones. Priors for possession with intent to distribute, concealed weapon, and has been ID'd as a street captain for his brother" Antonio said as he walked into the bullpen.

Antonio let Voight take over and his eyes immediately searched for Anna, only to sigh in defeat when she wasn't in the bullpen, once again.

Jay and Antonio shared a look that said that they both were defeated and disappointed again.

"Derek Keyes, number one on Chicago's most wanted. Narcotics estimates that over half the city's heroin comes from Keyes. Been after him for years. Every time they send in undercovers, they hit a wall" Voight explained to the team.

"CI of mine gave up a location on Benji Bones.We grab him, he'll lead us to Derek. This can't be a typical grab, 'cause if Derek finds out we're onto him, he'll dive deeper underground. So we gotta extract Benji Bones without anybody knowing"

"That means everybody gets blacked-out"

"Sarge" Jay called out and got up to get Voight to the side. "Curious, have you–""--No" Hank cut Jay off. Neither he had heard from Anna.

"We traded a few texts a couple weeks back. You think I should reach out?" Jay asked. "She made her choice, she's on a forced furlough until she can decide if she's gonna be ready or not" Hank said.

Jay sighed a little and let Hank cut off the topic. Jay looked at the empty desk where Anna should've been sitting, smiling, laughing and working on their new case.

-

Anna was sleeping peacefully in her bed. Blacked out, she had been sleeping for the last 48 hours. She woke up a few times to do her business and eat and drink a little.

Anna had found a new apartment a few weeks ago. It was fine for her, it was cheap and small. That way she could control what happened in the apartment. Make sure nobody broke in or watched her without her knowing.

-

The team had taken in Benji and his products. They were now interrogating him, Antonio and Voight. His boyfriend Aaron was in the lunchroom, being interrogated by Adam and Kevin.

The team decided to send in Jay, going undercover with camera and mics on. Mouse set up the camera on his blue dress shirt. "Who's that handsome devil?" Mouse cooed when he set up the camera and saw himself.

Jay chuckled and pinched Mouse's cheek. "All right, a hundred grand in small bills from the 1505 fund, baby" Adam called out when he entered. "I look like Mr. Uptown or what?" Jay called out. "Oh, you look the part"