Chapter 6 | Gun Point

Part 6

A month had passed and Anna only got updates from Isaiah once a week if she was lucky. He claimed that the cops were all over him and his guys, monitoring their every move.

"I do not care, I need those guns. We made a deal, Isaiah. I didn't save your sorry ass for nothing" Anna snarled at him.

Isaiah threw back another drink and groaned in anger. "I cannot get you the guns now, princesa. I will do what I can, but we have cops on our asses" Isaiah cursed.

"Get them anyway, are the stories about you lies? The Isaiah I heard about would not let mere cops get in his way, perhaps I trusted the wrong man with this job?" Anna snarled.

She took a shot, she didn't know if it would push Isaiah to do what she wanted or to kill her instead because she offended him.

"I will be in touch. I will figure it out, princesa. The stories are true, give me time" Isaiah said and exhaled from his cigarette.

"Good, I will be looking forward to the next meeting" Anna said, turning on her heel. She exited the club from a back entrance and got into her rented car and raced off.

She glanced at her watch and saw the time. "Shit" Anna cursed, knowing she was late. Anna hurried to her hotel room where Jay was waiting for her.

The two had slept together for two months. Tonight was a celebratory dinner and a weekend together, just the two of them.

Anna entered her room and saw the lights were dimmed, candles were lit and roses were spread everywhere. "Aren't you the cutest" Anna gasped when Jay showed himself, dressed in a  white button up shirt and black dress pants.

"Hi" Jay said, smiling innocently. Anna locked the door behind her and hugged Jay tightly while kissing him. It was soft and slow, perfect for the moment.

"It's perfect" Anna said once they parted for air. "I had help, but I'm glad you like it" Jay said, a sparkle in his eyes when he smiled.

"I love it, I don't think anyone has ever done something like this for me before" Anna admitted and Jay became even happier. He hit home and he knew it.

"That earns extra points" Anna muttered against his lips and Jay chuckled. "I didn't know we were giving points," Jay said as they parted for air.

"I got dinner and everything" Jay said and pulled Anna further into the room. The table had been set up, the romantic vibe continued with the rest of the hotel room.

Anna was truly touched by this, Jay was so romantic, sweet and perfect. She was falling for him, she knew it, but she didn't truly acknowledge it. Yet.

That way she could stay with him for longer. Just a little longer till she would say goodbye.

The two sat down and enjoyed a romantic dinner together. The two talked for hours, laughing, connecting, allowing themselves to feel like more than just a fling while Anna was there in Chicago.

Hours flew by, and the two were now sitting on the couch, drinking wine, sharing stories from the past. Mostly Jay's.

He noticed this but didn't push her, she ran a fine line with what she wanted to say, what she wanted him to know and didn't.

"I know we promised each other to not talk about this but..." Jay started and paused when he saw the way Anna's face dropped a little.

"What are your plans after your work is done here in Chicago?" Jay asked and gently took Anna's hand in his.

"I-I don't know, I suppose I could see if any opportunities came along, so that I can stay" Anna said, but the truth was, Anna didn't even know if the mission would go smoothly enough for her to come out of it alive.