Chapter 12 | Truce

Part 12

"Anna, are you on for tonight?" Kevin asked her as they packed up in the bullpen, ready to go out for the night. "Well, if I remember correctly, I did beat Adam so he's buying drinks tonight" Anna said and winked at Adam as she leaned back in her chair.

"Jay, are you coming as well?" Kevin asked and Anna looked over, seeing Jay grabbing his jacket. "Yeah, sure" He said and gave Kevin a small smile.

Anna got up and grabbed her jacket, before going into the locker rooms. There Kim and Hailey were getting changed, Anna joined them and changed into a more party mood outfit.

"Is Kelley coming tonight?" Kim asked Anna and she shrugged. "Not sure, his shift just ended, so the firefighters will probably be there" Anna said and the girls nodded.

"I really need a drink, fuck I need a big ass drink" Anna groaned and sat down on the bench, zipping her high heeled boots.

"Me too, amen to that sister" Hailey said and laughed. The three walked off, driving there in each car. "Where's Adam? I need my drinks" Anna called out when she looked through the crowd.

Kim laughed and pulled her with her to find Kim's boyfriend. "I ordered plenty of drinks, Lorenzi. Knock yourself out" Adam called out. Herrmann nodded her way and she returned it.

"Hi guys" Anna called out and took a shot with Adam and Kim. Gabby came over and talked to Anna and Kim. The three caught up in the last 24 hours.

Anna had become close to them all, Sylvie also joined them, along with Hailey. The women stayed by the bar counter and stayed that way until Kelley swooped in to steal Anna.

"There you are" Kelley said and smiled at her. "Here I am" Anna said and Kelley chuckled when Anna leaned into his side.

The group continued chatting, Anna didn't notice Jay sitting with Kevin, Will and Casey on the other side of the bar.

Jay's eyes traveled across the people in the bar, his eyes landed on Anna again, her tucked into Kelley's side. Him looking at her like he wanted to eat her.

Jay had no right in feeling this way, but the closure he never got was still fresh on his mind, he knew he needed to talk to Anna, sooner rather than later.

Otherwise things and misunderstandings would happen and no one wanted that.

Jay took another swig of his beer as he stared at her laughing with Hailey, Gabby and Kim. Will noticed how Jay looked at his ex and felt sorry for both of them.

Things they weren't in control of had happened, but they hadn't had a real chance to talk it out. To get the closure both needed.

Anna had asked Will about Jay for the months Jay was undercover, she was worried about him and wanted to know how he was doing before he left.

"Talk to her, man" Kevin suddenly blurted out, getting Jay's attention. "What?" Jay asked, pretending to play stupid.

"You're already staring at her like a creep, just go talk to her" Kevin said, the way Kevin said it, made it sound easy.

Jay didn't respond but instead he got up, Will watched as he stumbled a little over his feet and sighed. "This is not a good idea, he's drunk" Will said.

"Well, they need to talk. Drunk words are true words" Kevin said and shrugged a little. "Yeah, but you don't know Jay when he's drunk" Will said with a wince.

"Can we talk?" Jay called out, Anna's smile dropped and Kelley looked at Jay and then Anna. Everyone became quiet and Anna nodded her head. "Sure, let's go outside," Anna said.