12

Scarlett's POV

"Jazzy?" I question as I rest my head on Jasmine's shoulder.

"Yeah Bubs?" Jasmine says.

"Who's this?" I question then I show Jasmine a picture on Instagram.

"That is Kourtney Solo

"That is Kourtney Solo." Jasmine says. "She's the 20 year old daughter of Hope Solo and is supposed to be the US national teams next great keeper."

"She also plays for Real Madrid so we'll play her tonight." Leah says.

We play Real Madrid in Madrid tonight in our first UWCL match of the season.

"Is she still wearing that A necklace?" Sophia questions.

"Uh yeah." Jasmine says. "Is that important."

"No, but I guess it means she and her boyfriend António Silva are public now." Sophia says.

"Is she nice?" Leah asks.

"She thinks she's the best thing to happen to football since her mother and she lets everyone know it." Emily says. "So not really."

"How many Americans are in Europe now?" I question.

"Here." Naomi says as she hands me her phone. "This was just posted on Instagram."

"Thanks." I say then I look at the picture on Naomi's phone.

"Why'd they list you?" I question as I look at my favorite American

"No clue." Jasmine says as she passes Naomi her phone. "I'm not coming out of international retirement so I guess since I was a high profile player on the

"Has Emma Hayes talked to you at all?" Naomi asks.

"Fuck that bitch." I mumble.

"She asked if I'd come out of retirement when she got the job, but I said no." Jasmine says. "I'm getting old and need my rest so I'm gonna stick to being able to have a bit of a break during International breaks."

"You're not old." I say as I get handed the line-up for tonight's match.

"Thanks Scar." Jasmine says then she, Leah and I look at the line-up.

1-Madeline Sow
2-Jasmine Johnston
6-Leah Williamson(C)
4-Naomi Girma
12-Emily Fox
5-Lena Oberdorf
18-Kyra Cooney-Cross
17-Jessie Harris
23-Alessia Russo
14-Scarlett Blondeau
11-Sophia Smith

After I look at the line-up, I pass it behind me then I relax for the rest of the drive while snuggling with and talking to Leah and Jasmine.

Once at the Santiago Bernabéu, the bus parks then everyone gets off and heads to the locker room.

When we get to the locker room everyone puts their stuff down in their respective lockers.

Once my stuff is in my locker, my teammates and I head outside for the pitch inspection.

When I get onto the pitch, I stand with Leah and Jasmine as we talk to our teammates for a few minutes then we head back to the locker room to get ready for the game.

Once I get to my locker I take out my nose ring then I take off my necklaces, earrings, bracelet, and my rings.

After my jewelry is off, I put my jewelry in it's safe then I put my jewelry safe, phone, and wallet in my bag.

Once I'm jewelry free I take off my tracksuit and put my long dark brown hair up in a ponytail then I put on my warm up top and my game shorts.

I then sit down in my locker and put on my socks, my shin pads and my red boots.

Once I'm dressed, I stand up, walk out of the locker room, and head onto the field with the outfield players.

When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then we head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my red jersey while Tobin does her last minute talks.

When the last minute talks end we are told to head to the tunnel so I hug Leah and Jasmine before I head out to the tunnel

Once in the tunnel, I line-up in-between Madeline and Jasmine then I wait for us to be called out.

Minutes later we are told to head out onto the field for the prematch stuff so I follow Madeline out onto the field.

Once on the field we stand in line for a few seconds then we shake hands with the Real Madrid players.

After we shake hands we take a starting XI picture, Leah does the coin toss, then we do our team huddle before we head onto the field.

Once everyone is on the field Real Madrid kick off the game.

For the first 10 minutes of the match my teammates and I feel out the deficiencies in Real Madrid's formation.

In the 11th minute of the match I walk around midfield while watching the defenders defend Real Madrid's push towards our goal.

Luckily for us Emily Fox tackles the ball away from Caitlin Foord then she's immediately pressured by the Aussie.

Emily quickly launches the ball upfield and it heads right to Lena.

"UPFIELD." I shout as I move upfield then I watch Lena launch the ball upfield so I run towards where I think the ball will land.

A second or two later the ball drops in front of me so I gather it at my feet then dribble towards goal.

As I approach the goal I see the Real Madrid keeper coming out towards me so I dribble right at her.

At the last possible second that I can safely make a move, I ball roll the keeper which puts her on her ass.

"OOOOH." I hear some of teammates shout then I pass the ball into the net making the score 1-0.

After I score I look at the woman I just put on her ass.

"Mama shoulda taught you better." I say as I look at Kourtney Solo. "Nice try though."

"THAT WAS SO RUDE." Alessia shouts as she jumps on me.

I chuckle then I hug the rest of my teammates before we head back to our side of the pitch.

Once everyone is onside Real Madrid restart the match.

Over the next 80 minutes my teammates and I run rings around Real Madrid and we finish the game with a 3-0 win.

Alessia and Sophia also scored.

"See you in December." I say after switching jerseys with Ashley Sanchez.

"See ya." Ashley says then we go our separate ways.

"Lee." I say with a smile as my girlfriend walks towards me.

"Hey Scar." Leah says as I walk into her arms.

"Mmm." I say. "You're warm."

"What about me?" Jasmine says as she wraps her arms around Leah and I.

"Perfect." I mumble with a smile.

"Come on my babies." Jasmine says. "Let's go change."