20

Scarlett's POV

"Here you go." Millie says as she passes Leah and I the line-up for tonight's match against Switzerland.

"Thanks Mils." Leah says then we look at the line-up for tonight's Nations League match.

1-Ellie Roebuck
2-Lucy Bronze
6-Leah Williamson(C)
5-Kennedy Moore
3-Alex Greenwood
20-Katie Zelem
10-Ella Toone
12-Kendall McLoughlin
24-Georgia Stanway
14-Scarlett Blondeau
18-Chloe Kelley

After I look at the line-up, I pass it behind me then I relax for the rest of the drive while snuggling with and talking to Leah.

Once at Wembley Stadium, the bus parks then everyone gets off and heads to the locker room.

When we get to the locker room everyone puts their stuff down in their respective lockers.

Once my stuff is in my locker, my teammates and I head outside for the pitch inspection.

When I get onto the pitch, I stand with Leah and talk to our teammates for a few minutes then we head back to the locker room to get ready for the game.

Once I get to my locker I take out my nose ring then I take off my necklaces, earrings, bracelet, and my rings.

After my jewelry is off, I put my jewelry in it's safe then I put my jewelry safe, phone, and wallet in my bag.

Once I'm jewelry free I take off my tracksuit and put my long dark brown hair up in a ponytail then I put on my warm up top, my long sleeve white undershirt, and my game shorts.

I then sit down in my locker and put on my socks, my shin pads and my red boots.

Once I'm dressed, I stand up, walk out of the locker room, and head onto the field with the outfield players.

When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then we head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my white jersey while Jordan does her last minute talks.

When the last minute talks end we are told to head to the tunnel so I hug and kiss Leah and Jasmine before I head out to the tunnel.

Once in the tunnel, I line-up in-between Kennedy and Kendall then I wait for us to be called out.

Minutes later we are told to head out onto the field for the prematch stuff so I follow Kennedy out onto the field.

Once on the field we stand in line for the English and the Swiss anthems.

When the anthem finishes we shake hands with the Swiss players, we take a starting XI picture, Leah does the coin toss, then we do our team huddle before we head onto the field.

"You're mind clear yet?" Kendall asks.

I've got some stupid melody stuck in my head for the last day and it won't fuck off.

"No." I say. "No it is not."

- - - - -

"I thought we might find you here." I hear Jasmine say behind me as I add a log to the fire pit.

"That stupid fucking melody won't let me sleep." I say as I sit back down in my chair around the fire pit here at St George's.

We won the game 3-1 and I played okay.

"Well why don't you use this." Leah says as she hands me my songwriting notebook.

"I shoulda thought of that." I say as my girlfriend's sit next to me.

Once my girlfriend's are sat next to me I flip through my songwriting notebook while humming the tune and reading the stuff I wrote down.

"Ooh this one could work." I say then I sing the lyrics I wrote down in the tune of the melody that's been stuck in my head.

We open up at the station on a freezing night
He said, "Honey, I can't do more than a brief goodbye
How could our farewell mean as much as our time?
Honey, I'll be gone
It's better if I'm something that
That you leave behind (Da-da-dum, da-dum)
See, what it was
Was a reason to believe in life
What it was
Was a week spent under sleepless skies
But sometimes life ain't fair
And a love has to die"
Her sunny smile was gone
Started feeling like something that
That she needs to hide (Da-da-dum, da-dum)

Oh, what a beautiful feeling
To love and know love in return
Oh, but when time gets to stealing now
Two hearts, and one love for one girl

She says, "I'm stuck in the spaces
Where the demons hide
I've got love, and I've got patience
Don't I deserve to smile?
I used to paint these trees
Now I just scream at the sky
Honey, I was wrong
Guess there's certain things you never
You never leave behind (Da-da-dum, da-dum)

Oh, what a beautiful feeling
To love and know love in return
Oh, but when time gets to stealing now
Two hearts, and one love for one girl

And so we jump to the theatre
In that same old town
She sees his face, and he sees her
As the lights go down
The life that they should have had sat between them that night
She left before the lights came on
Through the snow, she saw him
Already waiting outside
Could love outweigh the pain tonight?
Oh, what a beautiful feeling
To love and know love in return

"Yeah that fit." Leah says.

"Agreed." I say.

"What was that about?" Jasmine asks.

"My next door neighbor growing up." I say.

"Did she ever get with that dude?"

"No." I say. "The dude was waiting for someone else."

"Well fuck him." Leah says.

"Yeah." I say as I close my song book. "When do we leave?"

"Monday Morning." Leah says.

"I hope we don't see my ex."

"Your ex plays for Denmark?" Jasmine questions.

"Yeah." I say. "Yeah she does."