49

Scarlett's POV

"Mmmm." I groan as I lean into Leah. "Stupid stomach."

"Maybe you should take the night off Scar." Leah says. "It's not good to play with food poisoning."

"I no wanna be the reason we lose" I mumble.

"You won't be Scarlett." Jasmine says then we get passed tonight's line-up for the second leg of the

1-Madeline Sow
2-Jasmine Johnston
6-Leah Williamson(C)
4-Naomi Girma
12-Emily Fox
5-Lena Oberdorf
18-Kyra Cooney-Cross
17-Jessie Harris
23-Alessia Russo
14-Scarlett Blondeau
11-Sophia Smith

After I look at the line-up, I pass it behind me then I relax for the rest of the drive while snuggling with and talking to Leah and Jasmine.

Once at Arsène Wenger Arena, the bus pulls underneath the stadium and parks then everyone gets off and heads to the locker room.

When we get to the locker room everyone puts their stuff down in their respective lockers.

Once my stuff is in my locker, my teammates and I head outside for the pitch inspection.

When I get onto the pitch, I stand with Leah and Jasmine as we talk to our teammates for a few minutes then we head back to the locker room to get ready for the game.

Once I get to my locker I take out my nose ring then I take off my necklaces, earrings, bracelet, and my rings.

After my jewelry is off, I put my jewelry in it's safe then I put my jewelry safe, phone, and wallet in my bag.

Once I'm jewelry free I take off my tracksuit and put my long dark brown hair up in a ponytail then I put on my warm up top and my game shorts.

I then sit down in my locker and put on my socks, my shin pads and my red boots.

Once I'm dressed, I stand up, walk out of the locker room, and head onto the field with the outfield players.

When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then we head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my red jersey while Tobin does her last minute talks.

When the last minute talks end we are told to head to the tunnel so I stand up.

"Jazzy?" I say as I sway from nausea.

"Yeah Scar?" Jasmine say.

"I don't feel so good." I say. "I think I need to see my Mom."

"Well why don't we get you laid down first." Jasmine says. "Then we can get your Mom and get you looked at."

"Mokay." I mumble then Jasmine picks me up and lays me on the training table

Once I'm laying on the table I feel hands in my hair then I look up and see Leah.

"Sorry." I mumble.

"The only thing you need to be sorry about is not listening to your body." Leah says. "We're gonna be good tonight."

"Yeah." I mumble. "I know."

- - - - -

Jasmine's POV

"Finally." I say as Leah and I plop down on the couch of our home.

We won 1-0 so we're going to the Champions League final.

Frankly I couldn't care less about the game.

Scarlett was in the changing room the whole time being sick and all I care about is the health of my ladies.

"Is she sleeping?" Scarlett's Mommy asks as she, Scarlett's Mom, and Scarlett's Mama come out of the kitchen.

"Yeah." I say. "Hopefully no more puking."

"Seriously." Leah says. "I don't know how she'll play at the Weekend."

"I would say I hope she doesn't, but we all know she'll be starting that game." Scarlett's Mom says.

We play Chelsea this weekend.

"At least she finished her song thingy for that friend." I say. "Ain't no way she could finish it now."

"What song thingy?" Scarlett's Mama asks.

"Her West End theater director friend wanted Scarlett to write a song for his new show." Leah says.

"Oh." Scarlett's Mommy says. "What's it sound like?"

"Uh." I say as I get out my phone and look for the track that Scarlett sent us.

Once I find the song, I press play so Scarlett's parents can hear the song their daughter created.

When you say my name, you don't say it right
Sometimes I pray when you say "goodnight"
Cause you might be gone when I turn on the lights
And the demons you know, they've taken your eyes

Now I'm alone with the quiet, you've stolen mine
Led to the depths by a silent and a tragic mind

Break my bones, just leave my spirit alone
Save myself 'cause nobody else could help
Why are we stuck in here dancing all on our own?
Please just let me go

I can see the curtains and the fading light
Even through the torture, it's the hardest goodbye
And I hope you find it before it slips away
Cause I know you had it, you've just lost your way
Oh-ohh

Break my bones, just leave my spirit alone
Save myself 'cause nobody else could help
Why are we stuck in here dancing all on our own?
Please just let me go

"If her friend sets that up right then it'll be hauntingly beautiful." Scarlett's Mom says.

"Hopefully he does." I say then I hear feet padding toward us.

"Mmmm." I hear my girlfriend groan as she comes out of the hallway that leads to our room.

"Scarlett." Leah says as she and I stand up. "You need to be in bed."

"I want snuggles." Scarlett says.

"Okay, but we need you back in bed." I say. "You need your rest."

"Mommy make them come to bed." Scarlett says as she walks into her Mommy's arms.

"Why don't you and I snuggle." Scarlett's Mommy says.

"Mokay." Scarlett Mumbles then the five of us non-sick ladies help Scarlett back to bed.

Once Scarlett's in bed and sleeping, Leah and I grab our pjs from our closet then we head to the door of our room.

"You got it her?" I ask as Leah and I look at our girlfriend and her Mommy.

"Yeah." Scarlett's Mommy says as she runs her fingers through Scarlett's hair. "I got her."