41

Scarlett's POV

"Here ya go." Lucy Bronze says as she hands us the line-up for tonight's Nations League Final against Spain.

"Thanks Luce." Leah says then she, Jasmine, and I look at our line-up for tonight.

1-Madeline Sow
2-Lucy Bronze
6-Leah Williamson(C)
5-Kennedy Moore
3-Niamh Charles
4-Keira Walsh
16-Ella Toone
12-Kendall McLoughlin
23-Alessia Russo
14-Scarlett Blondeau
7-Beth Mead

After I look at the line-up, I pass it behind me then I relax for the rest of the drive while snuggling with and talking to Leah and Jasmine.

Once at Santiago Bernabéu, the bus parks then everyone gets off and heads to the locker room.

When we get to the locker room everyone puts their stuff down in their respective lockers.

Once my stuff is in my locker, my teammates and I head outside for the pitch inspection.

When I get onto the pitch, I stand with Leah and talk to our teammates for a few minutes then we head back to the locker room to get ready for the game.

Once I get to my locker I take out my nose ring then I take off my necklaces, earrings, bracelet, and my rings.

After my jewelry is off, I put my jewelry in it's safe then I put my jewelry safe, phone, and wallet in my bag.

Once I'm jewelry free I take off my tracksuit and put my long dark brown hair up in a ponytail then I put on my warm up top and my game shorts.

I then sit down in my locker and put on my socks, my shin pads and my red boots.

Once I'm dressed, I stand up, walk out of the locker room, and head onto the field with the outfield players.

When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then we head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my white jersey while Jordan does her last minute talks.

When the last minute talks end we are told to head to the tunnel so I hug and kiss Leah and Jasmine before I head out to the tunnel.

Once in the tunnel, I line-up in-between Kendall and Kennedy then I wait for us to be called out.

Minutes later we are told to head out onto the field for the prematch stuff so I follow Kennedy out onto the field.

Once on the field we stand in line for the Spanish and the English anthems.

When the anthem finishes we shake hands with the Spanish players, we take a starting XI picture, Leah does the coin toss, then we do our team huddle before we head onto the field.

Once everyone is on the field one of the spaniards kicks the game off.

The first twenty or so minutes are sort of entertaining since both teams are trying to figure each other out, but no real chance occurs for either team.

In the 23rd minute we get a corner kick so I wait for Ella to take the corner while I walk around the box.

When the ref blows her whistle Ella does her run up then she floats the ball into the box.

As the ball floats into the box I lose my mark, which is Alexia Putellas, then I jump up and head the ball past Cata Coll putting us up 1-0.

Once the ball hits the net I hug my teammate.

After I've hugged everyone we all head back to our side then the game resumes.

The rest of the first half consists of us attacking the Spanish goal, but nothing happens so when the first half ends we head to the locker room 1-0 up.

During half-time I sit in my locker and drink water then follow the rest of the starters back onto the pitch fifteen minutes later.

Once both teams are on the pitch we kick off the second half.

In the 52nd minute Laia Codina passes the ball up to Alexia Putellas so I run towards the Spaniard.

When the ball gets to Alexia I tackle the ball away from her then I run towards the ball as it rolls towards Mapi León.

Right before the ball gets to the centre back I get to it, roulette the ball around her, then run towards goal.

The Spanish keeper then comes out of her goal as I notice Alessia sprinting next to me.

At the last possible moment, I side foot pass the ball to Alessia then my fellow Arsenal teammate easily scores putting us 2-0 up.

"Whew." I say then I jog over to Alessia and hug her.

My teammates get to Alessia and I and hug us then we get back to our side a few seconds before the Spaniard's restart the game.

In the 69th minute we earn a goal kick so Madeline plays the ball to Leah who then turns and jogs upfield.

One of the Spanish women pressure my girlfriend so she passes to Keira while I check in front of me and see some space.

When Keira receives the ball, she looks upfield as I slowly move towards the space.

Keira sees my movement then she looks back at the ball and launches it upfield.

Once the ball leaves Keira's foot I sprint towards the space in front of me while watching the ball fly through the air.

As I notice the ball starting to drop towards me, I look for a teammate and see Kendall McLoughlin and Lauren Hemp sprinting towards the goal

Lauren Hemp came in a few minutes ago for Beth after she got elbowed inadvertently.

After I see I have options, I look back up at the ball as I keep running.

A second later the ball drops in front of me then right before it hits the ground, I slam my left foot into the ball and send it towards the penalty spot in the box.

After the ball leaves my foot, I slow down as I watch the ball rocket into the 18 yard box then I watch Kendall stick her foot out and re-direct the ball into the goal putting us 3-0 up.

"Yay." I softly cheer then I walk over to my teammates and hug them.

After I hug my teammates I walk back upfield.

As I'm walking I feel immense pain in my foot so I walk towards the sideline.

"JORDAN." I shout to get our managers attention.

Once Jordan Nobbs is looking at me I motion for a sub as I gingerly walk off.

"DO YOU NEED HELP?" Jordan shouts as I feel someone wrap an arm around me.

"What's wrong?" Leah asks.

"I can't feel my left foot." I admit.

"For how long?" Leah asks.

"It started hurting after I hugged everyone." I say as we get to the sideline then I'm passed to Jasmine.

"It's her foot." Leah says.

"Well in that case." Jasmine says then she picks me up bridal style and carries me off the pitch and to the training room.

Once in the training room Jasmine lays me on the training table then I pout at her.

"I'm gonna miss us winning." I say.

"Well I can take you back out the pitch and we can get your foot looked at later." Jasmine says.

"Oh yay let's do that." I say then I hold my arms out to my girlfriend.

Jasmine chuckles then she picks me up.

"Thanks Jazzy." I say.

"Anytime princess." Jasmine says with a smile. "Anytime."