Chapter 20

Just as Leia pulled into her driveway, her phone rang.  She was actually glad that she forgot to turn the ringer off as it woke Danny up so she didn't have to.  "What the?" he spoke.

"Just a second," she told him as she answered the call.  "Hi Mark."

"Hey sweetheart.  I just wanted to check and make sure you guys got home okay."

"Oh, yes.  We're good.  In fact I just pulled into my driveway."

"Your driveway?  You didn't take him to his place?"

Leia was trying to figure out how to answer this without hurting Danny's feelings.  At least, anymore than what they already were.  "I couldn't.  He kind of nodded off, and I don't know where he's at nowadays.  It was just easier to come here.  I'll get him back on his feet by morning."

"Okay."

"Listen, Mark.  Tell Steve and Lisa that I'm really sorry about what happened tonight."  She didn't want the bar owners thinking that if she subbed in for Mark that there was going to be trouble.

"No need.   I've already talked to them.  Steve saw everything that happened.  They know Danny didn't start anything, that he was just trying to protect you.  That other assclown can't come back to Bob's.  So no worries there."

"Oh.  O-okay."

"Lei, you all right?"

Leia looked over at Danny.  He was half out of it.  "That's all he was doing was protecting me," her brain fired off.  "Yeah.  Yeah I'm good Mark.  Thanks.  Let me let you go so I can text Jen and Dean, and then get this big lug in the house.  Night hun."

"Night."

L:  Jeni, Dean. I'm home.  Danny with me.  He fell asleep.  Going to keep him here.

J:  Okay.  Take care of the both of you.  Glad you're both okay.

D:  Tell him I said don't be stupid.  Night darlin'!

"Oh Jesus Dean.  You ass," and Leia giggled as she put her phone in her back pocket. She turned off the truck, got out, and opened the passenger door.  "C'mon you big dope.  Let's go," and she started to pour him out of his truck.

"Leia, this ain't my apartment."

"I know.  You fell asleep and I don't know where you stay now, so I just brought you here.  We need to get some ice on you."  Something in her was actually happy about wanting to take care of him.

"Lei, you don't have to.  I can get home."

"Danny.  Don't argue with me."  She was quite stern in her comment.  Danny just threw his hands up as if to say "I surrender."  He knew better than to argue with her when her voice took that tone.  They walked into her townhouse and once the door was closed, Leia began to rethink her decision.  "And before you ask, yes, boots off please."

Leia stood behind him with her arms up, somewhat framing him, as she noticed he was having a little trouble keeping his balance.  "God he looks so fucking good," ran through her mind, heart, and between her legs.  His tight white t-shirt that made it look like it was cutting his biceps in half was making it hard for her not to sink her teeth into his shoulders.  Once he got his boots off, she spoke again, "C'mon.  This way.  The couch is a pull out.  You can sleep there.  I'll go get you a couple of pillows and a blanket."  Her brain and heart fired, "What you really should be doing is getting back with him.  Or at least, have some play time with him.  You still love him, remember?"

As she walked away from the couch and headed for the stairs, she heard his voice.  "Leia?"

"Yeah?"  She turned back around to see him.  Ball cap off, so his strawberry blonde locks were shown.  One curled just under the red swollen patch of of his left eye.  And the way he was sitting, the outline of his pecs showed through his shirt.  She felt herself needing to shift her legs to keep things in place.