Chapter 28

"Tony, hey man, I'm sorry it's so early.  I'm just letting you know I'm going to swing by the shop and pick up some paperwork and handle it at home.  I gotta take this week off."

"Oh, what's going on?"

"Well, it was just to take care of my girlfriend, but now Lacy is starting her shit again."

"Girlfriend?  When did this happen?"

"Well, she hasn't said we're back together yet, but. . ."

"Wait, back together?  Dude, did you get Leia back?"

"I think so."

"Dude, if you did, you are one lucky son of a bitch after the shit you told me you pulled.  You better run with that shit.  And what the fuck, seriously?  Lacy?"

Danny filled Tony in on what happened with the bar, Leia's ankle and Lacy's note.  Tony had been around for a majority of Danny and Leia's relationship.  Danny had been working in Tony's shop for the last eleven years.  In the last five years, Tony had been wanting someone to help take the reigns on things.  Since Danny was the best mechanic he had, always knew what was supposed to come first, never missed work unless no other choice, just a model employee, Tony decided that he needed a partner and made Danny just that.  The only problem there ever was, was Lacy.  When she started her bullshit the first time, she would take to camping outside the shop, waiting for Danny to come in, blocking garage doors until he would acknowledge her, costing them both business.  Tony was seriously hoping things didn't go that far again.  Danny assured him that he wasn't going to let it; he was going to take care of her once and for all.  "All right, good luck man.  And again, if you got Leia back, make it last this time."

"I plan on it.  I'll see you for a little bit this morning.  Later."  As he hung up the phone, he heard Leia calling him.  He went up the stairs to check on her, "what is it babe?"

"I have to pee!  And my air cast is. . ."

"Oh shit," he picked it up off the floor from where he had left it the night before as they were more concerned about being naked, "here you go."  He watched as she put it on.  "Do you need help getting there?"

"Uh, shit," as she tried to push herself up off the side of the bed, "Just to get up, I think I can limp there."  Danny scooted up beside her and helped her up.  She started to try to stand up with weight on both feet, but her right one couldn't take it.  "Yeah, I have to limp," and she started to do so.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?"

"You gotta get to work don't you?"

"No, I told you, I'm taking the week off on emergency vacation."

"Isn't Tony gonna be pissed?"  She stopped in the doorway of her room to catch her breath.  The pain in her ankle was just throbbing. 

"No, he's fine with it."

"Tony is fine with it.  He's fine with his lead mechanic being gone."

"No," as he walked up behind her and helped her through the doorway and to the bathroom door to her left, "he's fine with his partner needing to take care of his gir. . ." Danny stopped talking.  He figured he better not say it.  After all they had not discussed if they were back together.  Thankfully, she had started to cut him off.

"His partner?"

"Yeah," he chuckled a little, "after you and I split up, I just I started asking questions, getting more involved in Tony's dealings in the office, and he told me that he was looking to take a step or two back.  So, since I had been there so long, he offered me half.  I took a chance."