Chapter 3

Matilda left my unit and suddenly I felt awkward. I am stiff as a tree, sitting on the sofa alone while she stood in front of me across the center table while looking so serious.

Napatikhim ako pero nanatili ang tingin niyang seryoso sa direksyon ko.

"Ano...hmmm do you have any preferred rest day?" I awkwardly opened the conversation.

I am considered an overly confident person but damn, the air around her made me feel inferior. Pakiramdam ko masisita ako sa kaunting pagkakamali.

"Kung ano po ang araw ng pahinga niyo, iyon na rin po ang akin." She simply answered.

She is too serious but it's fine, at least she is talking.

"Okay...Sunday is my rest day, but sometimes I have other events so..."

"Bilin po sa akin ni Ma'am Matilda na samahan ka sa mga event na pupuntahan niyo Sir sa gabi."

She is too direct too.

Tumango-tango ako. "You can have a long vacation as long as you'll inform beforehand."

"Yes, Sir." She plainly responded.

I never let the air between conversations dead but talking with her, I felt like my words were not entertaining enough for her. I can't really catch her attention and I feel like a newbie at this point.

Ilang segundo akong tahimik na seryosong nakatitig sa kanya. I wonder if she really loves her job, or chooses this field herself. One glance from her and you will never know what she is into this dangerous field.

"Is there anything else, Sir?" She blurted out of nowhere.

Napaiwas naman kaagad ako ng tingin.

"You can resume your duty tomorrow. That's all...and rest properly." I wasn't supposed to add the last word but it slipped in my mouth. Though, wala namang malisya.

I watched her get out of my unit and upon closing my door, automatically, a smile appeared on my lips. I pursed it trying to contain my smile but I can't help but feel giddy inside.

She will be my bodyguard for three months. All alone. At night.

Something about those words makes me feel excited. I never knew that having a body guard could make me feel this much excitement. Maybe I should thank Matilda for hiring her in the first place.

And speaking of Matilda, she seemed so close to her. She even knew that she has a sibling and that she is a fan of mine. She might be able to fill in my curiosity.

I woke up feeling so much lighter despite what happened the other day, and even though I am still not able to work today. The stalker is already in jail and several cases were filed against her, and the fact as well that she is carrying a gun with her.

She is roaming around my building with a gun and thinking about it now, I just realized how dangerous it was.

And this was also the first time that I had encountered this type of case. I was stalked before but not to this extent.

Napailing akong mag isa habang nasa sarili kong opisina. Maybe I should really invest in my own security at this point, 'cause who knows something similar might happen again in the future.

Maybe I could hire...Liberty for as long as I want? She is skilled and she was also the one who first noticed the stalker in the parking lot. Maybe I could talk to her.

Matilda visited me again at noon only to deliver the progress of my new song that I have been working on. And since I'm at home, Kuya Bruno is working all alone in the recording studio and I will have to continue it at home.