Chapter 24

I looked at Mom wearing black from head to toe while drinking her cup of tea. Binaba ba niya ang hawak na tsaa at tumingin sa kwartong kinalalagyan ni Brianna.

She then looked at me. Walang bahid ng kung ano pa man ang ekspresyon niya, this is like a normal day for her except that my father is dead.

“Brianna will be in my custody from now on.” Hindi ko rin alam kung ano ang ginawa niya at hindi naisapubliko ang pagkamatay ni Papa. But I am sure she pulled some strings so that her affair won’t be in the public eye, because she knew that the press might be able to dig up some information from her past.

Pero may mas malaki pa akong problema kaysa roon. Papa left millions of debt, without my knowledge, at mukhang alam na namin ang sanhi ng pagkamatay niya. He contacted several businesses but wasn't even able to render his obligations. And the police concluded that this is the angle that they are now considering.

Several of his contracts were discovered and the investigating team found out about it in not even a day. At ngayon ay maraming naghahabol. But it doesn't mean that the suspects are already identified, they are still untraceable.

And Mama payed for all of it, wala na ang ipon ni Papa dahil kinuha na niya rin. It wasn't even enough.

“I don't even know why your father had done that, he is really insane, huh?” She scoffed as she looked at me unbelievably.

Pero tapos na at wala na akong magagawa.

Huminga ako ng malalim. “Wala rin po akong ideya kung bakit niya nagawa ang mga iyon.”

She was really furious when she found out about it, and even though I wanted to pay for it myself, it was too much. Hindi ko nga naisip na gagawin iyon ni Papa. Kaya ngayon ay mas malaki na ang utang na loob ko sa kanya, I am just afraid she’ll used it against me or Brianna.

“But anyways, since you are leaving the country…” Kaagad na kumunot ang noo ko sa sinabi ni nito.

“Bakit ako aalis, Ma?” Nabibigla kong tanong.

She raised both of her brows at me. “Of course, kailangan mong umalis, remember the deal with Pierce? You need to go outside the country for that.”

I bit my lips. Pierce has been calling and texting me these past few days then he suddenly stops. Wala akong sinagot ni isa sa mga mensahe o tawag niya.

“May nakuha na rin akong spot mo for training in the military intelligence.”

Doon na napaawang ang labi ko. Because I just don’t have any idea right now what she is talking about.

“What training, Ma?” Naguguluhan kong tanong.

She sipped on her tea again and then looked at me like what she is saying is normal stuff. Na gagawin ko ang mga iyon dahil wala akong magagawa. Like she knew that I am not capable of saying no.

“I already talked to your Bosses. At pumayag na sila, ipapadala ka ng team mo dito sa Pilipinas para sa training. And don’t worry dahil may kasama ka naman.”

“What?!” Tumaas na ang boses ko sa huli habang awang ang mga labi na nakatitig sa kanya.

“You can’t just do that, Ma! You didn't even consult me!” I bursted out but was still trying to control my voice because of Brianna.

“Well, I already made it. And it is final.” She casually answered me back. “So move and start making actions regarding our deal with Pierce, malapit ka ng umalis.”

I clenched my jaw hard. Hindi ko na mapigilan ang sarili kong emosyon.

“Paano si Brianna?”

She just can't make decisions for me, there is not even a consultation or what. She just decides things for herself. Kung ano ang makakabuti sa kanya.