Chapter 22

“He is really in love with you, huh?

Nahihiya akong napababa ng tingin ng marinig ko si Ma’am Matilda.

“That asshole…he doesn't even want to tell me where his adress at, and you’ve been their. No scratch that. He made his very very private house as the location of your first date? Ni hindi nga alam ng magulang niya kung saan siya nagpatayo ng bahay.”

I quickly looked up to her, wide eyed at what she just said. Pero maya-maya pa ay napatawa siya na parang walang sa sarili, she even clasped her hands.

“Hay buhay! Kapag tinamaan ka naman talaga!” She exclaimed even her voice echoed in the parking lot.

Napalabi ako. “Hindi ko po alam na ganoon…”

She shook her head as she looked at me unbelievably still. “Well, ano pang magagawa ko. He is hard headed and he always does things beyond his control.”

She then gave me a genuine smile which made me taken a little bit.

“Kaya dapat hindi mo siya saktan…I mean if you are in love then pain is part of it. What I mean is…don’t even intentionally hurt him. He may be hardheaded and all but this is the first time that I saw him like this…to act like this...he is very very serious with you.”

Rumagasa ang kabang nararamdaman ko sa mga sinabi niya. I tried to retain my calm exposure and looked at her bravely…I just need to endure it a little bit more. 

“Masaya ako para sa inyo, and I hope you two the best.”

Her genuineness made my feeling worse, mas lalo lang bumigat ang nararamdaman ko.

She then tapped my back and watched her turn her back on me. Pinanood ko siyang sumakay sa sasakyan niya at nang tuluyan na siyang makaalis ng parking ay saka ko pinakawalan ang kanina ko pa pinipigilan na malalim na hininga.

I couldn't help but bite my lips. Alam kong pwede kong ikapahamak ang mangyayari sa akin pero pumayag na si Mama. 

The happiness that I was feeling was beyond the moon when she called this morning, agreeing to my condition. Pero ngayong nandito na naman ako ay rumaragasa na naman ang pagdadalawang isip sa akin, at hindi ko pa siya nakikita.

I am sure that what I was feeling will worsen if I see him in a few minutes. I am having second thoughts again…but if this is the only way then…there shouldn't be any hesitation on me. There is no room for it.

My mind was occupied, questioning my decision as I waited for him and when I finally saw him get out of the elevator, winaksi ko lahat ng iniisip. 

May hawak ulit siyang bouquet sa isang kamay habang mariing nakatitig sa akin. Sir Sebastian was behind and as per usual, he gave me advice again before leaving. Pierce remained few meters away from as he waited at ramdam ko ang mga mata niya sa akin, at hindi na natanggal iyon hanggang sa tuluyang umalis si Sir Sebastian.

Sir Sebastian left at saka siya lumapit sa akin. He handed me the bouquet while I opened the door for him at the back. 

My room is actually full of flowers already, at wala naman akong reklamo roon. 

He was humming at the back of the car while I drove until we reached his building. 

"I'll give you the tickets, nasa kwarto ko saglit lang."

I watched him enter his unit abruptly while I waited near his door. His main door remained open as I waited. Ilang segundo lang ang lumipas ng bumalik siya muli, hawak-hawak ang dalawang pirasong ticket na kulay gold.