Chapter 8

I was awakened when I felt several tappings on my cheeks and a soft voice just near me. Unti-unti akong nagmulat ng mata at bumungad sa akin ang nag aalalang mukha ni Liberty.

What the fuck happened?

"Sir! Okay lang po ba kayo?" I like the tone of her concerned voice.

Umupo ako at nasa ring pa rin kami. She helped me sit properly and saw a few people looking at us, and who were going back to their business.

Muli akong napatingin sa nag aalala niyang mukha.

"What happened?" Naguguluhan kong tanong at napangiwi ng maramdaman ko ang pananakit ng pisngi ko.

"Fuck!" I hissed and slowly touched it but it really stings a lot.

"Sir!" She panicked again.

My cheeks hurt and swollen. I felt like I was punched too hard in the face…where did I even get this...my eyes went wide while looking at Liberty's concerned face.

My cheeks reddened not because I was hit in the face but because the situation slowly sank in me.

That was fucking embarrassing!

Dali-dali akong tumayo pero nawalan rin ng balanse. I felt Liberty's hand snaking on my waist helping stand up properly.

"Sir, sa hospital na lang tayo para mas sigurado!"

Nanlaki ang mata ko at tinanggal ang kamay niya sa akin. There is no way I was that weak and she is that strong! And hospital? What the hell?!

“I’m fine. It’s just a simple bruise.” No it's not. I felt like my jaw was dislocated but I won’t say it to her face.

I was never embarrassed in my whole career and yet…she might be thinking that I am very weak now. Like a newborn sheep who can't even stand up properly!

She shook her head and I was again shocked when she occupied the space between us, tiptoed and touched my head softly while looking so concerned. Her eyes say it all.

“Sir ilang segundo rin kayong nawalan ng malay, let’s go to the hospital, please.”

Oh God! She is very concerned and I am liking it too much.

Hypnotised by her words and her eyes, I found myself nodding at her and now driving me to the hospital. She kept on looking at me in the back as if I’m gonna be dead any minute now.

We only travelled for a few more minutes and I saw the huge white building of the hospital.

Ramdam ko pa rin ang pananakit ng pisngi ko at hindi pa nababawasan ang sakit. We stopped in front of the building and immediately helped me even though I can completely walk on my own.

Her arms encircled on my waist until we reached the entrance.

Kaagad naman na may tumulong sa amin, the staff directed us to the emergency room and made me sit on the bed.

My eyes were focused on her as the nurse started gathering my basic information. Liberty answered it all. I didn't know that she knew everything about me but that's probably because she had to know about my basic information for work purposes.

"Ano pong nangyari kay, Sir?"

"I punched him in the face, nawalan siya ng malay ng ilang segundo."

Doon ako tuluyang nagising.

"Ho?" The female nurse asked, quite shocked. Her eyes went back and forth between us.

"We were practising boxing, and my punch landed on his face." She clearly stated more which made me more suddenly embarrassed.