Chapter 6

Hanggang sa makarating kami sa unit ko ay pareho kaming walang imikan. I looked at her one more time and before going inside, I stood in front of her post.

“Is your sister studying?” Diretso kong tanong.

Kitang-kita ko ang pagbabago sa blangko niyang mga mata.

“Opo.” She hesitantly answered.

Tumango ako. “Then is it fine if I’ll meet her on Saturday? Or Sunday?”

Her lips parted with my next statement. Pero kaagad niya rin itong tinikom. She then looked at her side to side just like what she did when we were conversing at the pool. As if our conversation is meant to be kept between us.

Pagkatapos ay tumingin siya sa akin.

“Pwede po sa Sabado. Wala naman pong gagawin ang kapatid ko.” She simply answered.

“Okay. Then I’ll meet her on Saturday after lunch.” Tumikhim ako. “At ikaw lang ang pwedeng sumama sa kanya dito sa unit ko.”

Kaagad siyang tumango sa akin. I can’t go out yet that much and since she is a trusted security, I’ll just meet her sister in my own unit. And I am sure Matilda will approve of it as well.

"You don't have any other business on Saturday? Perhaps dinner with Ronald, or lunch or whatever it is?"

Of course, I need to clarify things, baka mamaya…

She shook her head. "Wala po. Ito lang po ang lakad ko kung sakali."

I slowly nodded my head. "Okay...then I expect you to be on time this Saturday, after lunch."

We ended our conversation right there, and as usual, I lied down on the sofa while staring at my door and then fell asleep immediately.

"Iho!" I looked at the door of the recording studio when it suddenly opened.

And at the door was Andra with her Mom, smiling at me brightly.

Tumayo ako sa kinauupuan ko at naglakad naman sila palapit sa akin.

"Naku, Iho! Kamusta ka na? We wanted to visit you but they didn't allow us. And I am just so glad that the culprit is in prison now." She put her hands on my arms and looked at me with concern.

Ngumiti ako ng marahan. "I'm fine Ma'am. Everything is settled now."

"Nakwento nga sa akin ni Andra, if you are back with your regular schedule then you think you can attend my 55th birthday? Or is your schedule tight?" Alanganin nitong tanong.

Well. Wala namang masama, at nahihiya na rin ako ng tumanggi lalo na at personal niya itong sinabi at pinuntahan pa sa opisina, and so I nodded at her.

She clasped her hand happily then looked at her daughter.

"Then I'll be expecting your attendance, Iho."

Another obligation for me. They've been good to me and basically they have given me so many opportunities that I have reached everything that I have now. They aren't that strict and they are letting me express my opinion especially if it concerns my own career.

Everything's good except that they are pushing their daughter towards me. It's just a huge no for me.

"Kinakarir mo ata pagiging manugang, Pierce." Kuya Bruno teased again.

Umiling ako. "It's her Mother Kuya, the wife of the Boss. I can't just say no."

He laughed at my defence.

"Baka mamaya, tatanungin ka na ng mga yan kung pwede ba kayong magpakasal ng anak nila at 'oo' ka na lang diretso."

"Then I'll be quitting this agency if that happens." Seryoso kong sagot na nagpatahimik sa kanya.